Home

Madden CCM Was Not Ready

This is a discussion on Madden CCM Was Not Ready within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2012, 06:37 PM   #33
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden CCM Was Not Ready

TOS APPROVED EDIT:

Post revised to say basically nothing of import or consequence, because the only thing worse than the state they release this product in, would be to get "pinked" and unable to "posse up" and fix it (well, parts of it) for them!

Old 11-24-2012, 06:53 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
The entire game wasn't ready.

EA is still losing money too, even though Madden sales were up a bit.

I wouldn't expect much from Madden at this point. Lack of direction has left their code all tangled, and it pretty much feels like they're just trying to make it through to the next generation of consoles. What that might bring, who knows. They sure don't exude a lot of confidence at this point though.

Some of it is Madden - some of it is their failure to get into the whole "social gaming" stuff.

Because they see how well it's working for Zynga...oh wait...isn't Zynga about $3 now?

EA probably needs a whole organizational overhaul - kinda like Sony, imo.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:39 PM   #35
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Some of it is Madden - some of it is their failure to get into the whole "social gaming" stuff.

Because they see how well it's working for Zynga...oh wait...isn't Zynga about $3 now?

EA probably needs a whole organizational overhaul - kinda like Sony, imo.
Another good point KB, at this point Madden is much more about being trendy than replicating football. If the exclusive NFL license is NOT renewed, I think Madden will be created to be a much more fundamentally sound football video game, due to marketing no longer being the dominant voice. I am convinced the NFL exclusive and EA's focus of ROI for it, has been the root cause of the state of next-gen Madden.

I preferred 2k's football games last gen but even last gen Madden seemed more refined and polished then what has been created this console generation. Thing is, I was disappointed about the NFL exclusive but I would have never thought it would have caused next-gen Madden to be such a poor replication of football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2012, 09:00 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Another good point KB, at this point Madden is much more about being trendy than replicating football. If the exclusive NFL license is NOT renewed, I think Madden will be created to be a much more fundamentally sound football video game, due to marketing no longer being the dominant voice. I am convinced the NFL exclusive and EA's focus of ROI for it, has been the root cause of the state of next-gen Madden.

I preferred 2k's football games last gen but even last gen Madden seemed more refined and polished then what has been created this console generation. Thing is, I was disappointed about the NFL exclusive but I would have never thought it would have caused next-gen Madden to be such a poor replication of football.
I dont want to get into the exclusivity deal bc it opens up another can of worms but i was a fan of 2k last gen bc i liked it felt better and i think it was more challenging. That being said last gen was not a bad game at all it was just out played by 2k and the 20$ price tag played a big part in that. ( talk about confidence in your product).

What the exclusive deal essentially did was allow EA to keep production cost relativly low and keep the price tag the same. EA can and has thrown together grade F meats and packaged them with a recognizable name like Filet Mignon, and they turn a profit bc the product does not sell it self the name does.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »