Home

Madden Rookie questions

This is a discussion on Madden Rookie questions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #1
sfx
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden Rookie questions

I haven't played Madden in a decade and just got the game as a gift. I played one quick game and had a couple of questions.

1. The players move insanely fast post snap. It's very difficult for me to see what's going on. Is there a way to slow the game speed?

2. With regards to the clock, I played 5 minute quarters. The first quarter only saw one possession. Seemed unrealistic. But then the score ended up 28-13 by the end of the game which is fine. How long do quarters need to be to get realistic stats, and number of plays? Is there a setting for 15 minute quarters that seems realistic?

3. I was the Bears and just heaved two bombs to Brandon Marshall who was covered 1 on 1 and they were easy touchdowns. This was partly why the score was as high as it was. How can I dial up the defense so that every 1 on 1 bomb doesn't end up a touchdown. (This may be a case of winning a game of small sample size bingo).

4. On defense, I controlled Peppers for a bunch of plays and could not move him anywhere. He'd get locked in a block and that was it. I saw a shed tackle function on the right stick but it doesn't seem to do anything.

5. Also on Defense, when I was controlling a LB, I would run around like a chicken without his head. The player moved so fast that I would just run right by the receiver or running back I wanted to tackle. Part of this is the speed of the players, part of this is the depth perception from the camera. Any recommendations on camera angles that help know where you are and where you're going?

Thanks in advance,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #2
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden Rookie questions

to make them go slower u can go into the game options and there they have options very slow,slow,fast,very fast, etc where u select your fav team etc. i have the game set to slow seems the players dont run around like chickens with heads cut off.

and if u want realistic stats u have to play either 10 minute or 15 minute quarters i play 10 and my stats seem normal. u can also check out the sliders section on here to see if u want to mess with them.

now far as throwing bombs theres a glitch thats been with game since day 1 that the left cb just lets the wr run right by and u can throw long td's all day long i've heard it has do with run commit and ea hasent fixed it yet.

now far as defense its just like all other ones with the suction blocking no matter what u try your guy gets sucked right back into the blocking olineman... now as far as camera view i play on standard. Ea said there working on the oline-dline interactions but wont get see it till madden 14.

also what level are u playing @ that could be why your scoring so easy as well with the wr's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »