Home

Favorite Drafted Players

This is a discussion on Favorite Drafted Players within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2012, 01:57 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Favorite Drafted Players

i have don 2 drafts so far and about to do my 3rd draft witht he Jets. I admit I used the draft guys to target star players along with my scouting. Cheating makes it so easy lol. I did a lotof work in trading picks though so even though I went to the conference championship and then the superbowl i still had a lot of high picks!

All have star dev unless said otherwise
1st Draft-
QB Kian Mckenzie - stud QB! took with the #1 pick
K Kinslow- Kicking power is unreal!-early 2nd
MLB Marvin Krunch- beast and has 89 speed! amazing for a MLB-1st rd
LOB Dionte Tyson- 3rd rd outside LB
FS Shyquan Johnson- only fast dev but a real hard hitter/great speed! 6th rd
G Aaron Cane- 84 overall and physical beast
T- Jeff Ross- 82 ovrl

2nd Draft-
WR Trent Platt- 2nd overal! beast 6'4 240 96 sp and 95 acc.
CB Jarvis Morgan- 10th overall- starts out 84
OLB k'twon wilcox - 2nd rd
G Kanda- 82 ovr - 2nd rd
DT maka Lafontant- 76 overall 4th rd
HB- Ja'mario ward- speedster! 1st rd
CB- Jarmar Odom 2nd rd

Favorites

QB Kian Mckenzie- what can you say...started out with 80+ awr, 80+ acc across the board, 95 throwing power!

WR-Trent Platt- just a pysical beast! affects the game more then other players below

FS -Shyquan Johnson 6th rd pick has 94 hit power starting out and 94 speed for a safety! moved laron landry over to ss who has 99 hit power! Love the tandom of the hard hitting safties so i can put more Db's on the field instead of LB's

CB- Love Odom & morgan. Odam a little more and can be had later! I team them up with Revis*(by farbest int he game) Cromartie (91 now) and stephen gilmore I traded for fromt eh bills (89). I play a lot of the 5 cb on the field and with my 2 safties and krunch in the middle able to stop the run. then with my other LB's i cycle in on the line int hat formation.

Love kinslow as a kicker and Kanda and Cane are not exciting as G but very good players!
Old 11-28-2012, 03:02 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 6

So I did a Cleveland Browns franchise
1st Draft: I went 3-13 and had the 3rd overall pick. I took Jordyn Suggs 3rd overall, came out as high 70's with star potential, 2nd round i took Harrison Parker, QB to be my backup and also develop since Weeden was almost 30 at the time. Took a few other players but not significant.
2nd Draft: I was 6-3 in the season when Brandon Weeden goes down for 9 weeks with a partially torn ACL. I was already thinking about giving Parker some time but now I'm forced to. I end the season 11-5, Parker playing amazing the whole time. Suggs wins OROY and Best WR, by the end of the season is an 86 overall and Parker goes from a 77 to an 80. Weeden comes back in the playoffs and is forced to watch as Parker takes his job and wins the Super Bowl. Come the second draft, Kellen Winslow has already left, so my best tight end is a 73... I pick up Deangelo McClaine in the 2nd round, was he was projected to be 1st rounder but dropped a lot of passes at the combine. He comes out as an 88 star vertical threat! 4th round I take Jerrell Wells, comes as an 82 fast dev also vertical threat. These two are beasts, McClaine comes out with high speed and paired with the route running Suggs, Harrison Parker has a lot of targets to choose from.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #51
ssc
Rookie

ssc's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolan887
Stacey Knight > Rockford Odom, IMO. Plus he has a cooler name. Those two are the best speed qb's I am aware of.
For whatever it's worth, I've often heard him maligned as a draftee but I had one draft where Pharoa Phillips was a STEAL in somewhere between the 4th-6th round. He doesn't always come out great (so I've heard) but came out as either a Quick or SS development and seemed to be almost a carbon copy of Cam Netwon's skill set. He was a MONSTER and performed even better than his ratings for the most part.

If you can get past the white guy picture/black guy profile, he could be a really underrated pick-up if his story line goes well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2012, 04:50 PM   #52
Pro

garyjr33's Arena

OVR: 13

Jamie and Khris Curtis (UCLA brothers)-CB and FS
Tyree Banks (WR, great special teams player but can't catch haha)
Hayden Barnett-QB (took awhile to develop but that is b/c he didn't play much at all until Manning retired for me)
Brandon Champagne-MLB
Rudy Outlaw-LE
NCAAF: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette
NCCAB: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette
Old 11-29-2012, 02:39 AM   #53
Rookie

Eric Rancour, QB. High 70's overall rating, played well enough during pre-season that when Colin Kapearnick wanted too much money I made him my week one starter. All he's done for the first six games has average over 220 yards per games and throw SEVENTEEN touchdowns vs. only one interception in year three of my coach mode CCM with the 49ers.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:56 PM   #54
Rookie

Muteki's Arena

Michael Astro has made the game for me. He's so much fun to run with, and I've had some pretty ridiculous runs with spins, jukes, trucking over people, and breaking tackles. The guy is a beast if his storyline plays out right.

TE Jonathan Basil has been beast for me too. Normal development guy, got him in the late 2nd round, but he has decent stats for a TE and 90 speed. Pretty much a receiver at the TE position and he manages to run over everyone once he gets the ball.

CB Brandon Cox has been mentioned, but he's been great for me in his rookie season. Started him at nickel, but moved him to the starting left CB. He has had 6 picks and 3 TDs so far through week 12.

Last edited by Muteki; 11-29-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 25

Who's the best player? I've heard Xavier Waters.
Year 3 - 11-5
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #56
ssc
Rookie

ssc's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nl15
Who's the best player? I've heard Xavier Waters.
Consensus seems to be JJ Smoke.

I haven't had the pleasure yet, however.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »