Home

Types of players for my O-Line?

This is a discussion on Types of players for my O-Line? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2012, 06:15 AM   #1
Rookie

Woody19's Arena

OVR: 1
Types of players for my O-Line?

As I'm no real American football expert I'm not really sure what kind of player types I need on my offensive line and would greatly appreciate your input:
I currently run a West-Coast scheme (mostly short and medium pass plays), pass vs. run ratio is about 70-30. On the scheme page, I have my O-line set to the following player types:

LT- Pass Block
LG - Balanced
C - Balanced
RG - Balanced
RT - Big Mauler

Are these the right settings or would you recommend something different? I play the Browns with Richardson at HB and Osweiler as QB, btw.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2012, 08:57 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Types of players for my O-Line?

i dont think the scheme/player type actually matters except for resigning, maybe im wrong. there was some work done on player type matching your scheme for position influenceing xps which siad it was linked.

my oline i like fairly balanced rbk/pbk/ibl/str/awr and bonuses are acc/agi/spd. size i tend to go for 6'2"+ 300+. inj must be 80 minimum

i am finding getting a decent centre is difficult, it doesnt help in a game you cant see rbk/pbk to see if its worth putting your lt#2 in at c for example
Old 11-26-2012, 05:37 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

If you're running a quick passing game, I'd say you'd want pass blockers all around, especially if you're running an Reid-like distribution.

An alternative would be to have your LT and RT be pass blockers and your LG and RG be zone blockers. That emphasizes acceleration and agility, which will help on pulls for sweeps and stuff, while also emphasizing good feet in pass blocking.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:03 AM   #4
Rookie

Woody19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP
If you're running a quick passing game, I'd say you'd want pass blockers all around, especially if you're running an Reid-like distribution.

An alternative would be to have your LT and RT be pass blockers and your LG and RG be zone blockers. That emphasizes acceleration and agility, which will help on pulls for sweeps and stuff, while also emphasizing good feet in pass blocking.
Thanks for your input, guys!
And what do I do with my center, leave him at "Balanced"?
Old 11-27-2012, 02:53 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

Make sure your lineman have high awareness. For me, this seems to be the most important attribute for offensive lineman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2012, 03:39 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I love you! Do just you like! happy day!

www.mmohome.com/
www.mmomesos.com/
www.mmohome.com/CD-Key/
Old 11-27-2012, 12:34 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
Make sure your lineman have high awareness. For me, this seems to be the most important attribute for offensive lineman.
Yeah, this is important on things like blitzes and pulls. You shouldn't face much pressure with a Walsh-type WCO given the depth of the routes, but you really don't want to take sacks, obviously, and when you run pitches and sweeps, you really have to have players who target the immediate edge threat.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:55 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
Is this really true or is it just a case where for O-linemen awareness is usually pretty close to OVR. In otherwords high AWR OL just happen to be good anyways.
I question this because in my CCM I was considering spending XP on AWR upgrades for my OL but decided to first test it out in practice mode. The results that I saw indicated a O-line could have a 20AWR or a 99AWR and it didn't make much of a difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »