Home

Coach changing teams???

This is a discussion on Coach changing teams??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2012, 11:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Coach changing teams???

Just finished my 6th season with a created coach. How do I get to another team without retiring? Or is this possible???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2012, 01:03 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Coach changing teams???

Decline to sign the extension at the end of the season.

Save before you do this, though, if nobody offers you a job, you are forced to retire.

Edit: Sorry I was wrong, poster below reminded me. You have to demand release during the week the extension is offered.

Last edited by pinksheets; 11-27-2012 at 07:07 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:05 AM   #3
Rookie

dude_man123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksheets
Decline to sign the extension at the end of the season.

Save before you do this, though, if nobody offers you a job, you are forced to retire.
I had done this, and won like 4 Super Bowls, yet I was forced because no one would offer me a contract. Why? Is the signing logic of coaches just poorly designed?
Old 11-27-2012, 01:12 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_man123
I had done this, and won like 4 Super Bowls, yet I was forced because no one would offer me a contract. Why? Is the signing logic of coaches just poorly designed?
I honestly don't know. I've never actually gone through and signed with a new team, the most I did was save and try it out by not signing an extension, however my coach was 1 season in and had low prestige so I chocked the lack of offers up to that.

Do you have coach firing on? If not, I'd assume that's it, if so, I'd wonder how many vacancies there were and who were the other available candidates. It'd be nice if we got a feature as in-depth as the coaching carousel in NCAA.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:29 AM   #5
Rookie

preaceps's Arena

OVR: 6

I believe that you can also demand release, just do it after save and before starting offseason. Then you should get offers wk1 preseason. I believe that you lose out on resigning for team you are assuming
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2012, 06:56 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by preaceps
I believe that you can also demand release, just do it after save and before starting offseason. Then you should get offers wk1 preseason. I believe that you lose out on resigning for team you are assuming
Whoops, thanks for the reminder. This is actually the ONLY way to get away from your current team, not signing the extension doesn't do anything. I forgot that's what I had to do when I was experimenting with this. I also believe the demand release option is only available the week that your extension is offered.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:49 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks for the feedback but does anyone know where the offers are? And yeah I saved everything.... I've demand a release several times after loading my franchise back up but can't get an offer or maybe I am not looking in the right place. I've looked in MY ACTIONS. Anyone can advise or help???
Old 11-27-2012, 12:05 PM   #8
Rookie

dude_man123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayln
Thanks for the feedback but does anyone know where the offers are? And yeah I saved everything.... I've demand a release several times after loading my franchise back up but can't get an offer or maybe I am not looking in the right place. I've looked in MY ACTIONS. Anyone can advise or help???
That you means you didn't get an offer. I assumed you simmed the next week and saw no offer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »