Home

Madden NFL 13 Title Update #4 Available Now

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Title Update #4 Available Now within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2012, 05:13 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 4
So did they fix auto subs for formations or Fo they still reset after each game? Aldo can you now use created play oils ?
Old 12-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 13 Title Update #4 Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamoanSteelerFromAus
I cannot fathom how people enjoy this game really. I gave it another go about two weeks ago, threw a pick in the second quarter and then every throw after that in proximity of a defender was picked off. Linebackers were making circus catches and morphing in front of my receivers which shows me this game isnt about ratings just about momentum and animations that override ratings. This always happens when I play even with custom slider sets from this site.

This game is so far from realism it's baffling that people say its a "good" game or even an adequate game.
I am obsessed with football, however I bought NBA 2K13 the other week and there is no way I can go back to Madden after playing 2K.

Now everytime i play nba 2K i find myself say ing "this is how a sports game should be" I mean, Madden can't even get something as simple as REPLAYS right! Yet in 2K you can watch highlight reels of all players after the game?? I'm even thinking of getting MLB the show even though i've never watched a full baseball game, anything to not have to play a poor excuse of a game that madden is.

At this point, i've accepted that I have to wait for the license to be up for a good nfl game to be made. In the meantime I can dabble in other sports games and envy the hardcore fans of those sports that get to enjoy quality product over a sugar coated hyped piece of sh**

From someone who's played NFL games since 98'
It sounds like you are just wanting to complain about something that can easily be fixed with sliders. Out of all the serious issues with M13, none of what you posted is an actual problem. You just need to find the right slider set. I suggest MarketingWiz and then adjust them to fit your style more.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:45 PM   #59
Rookie

sictransitchris's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyax
No more editing player body sizes with this patch. They took it out. Only equipment now.
This is such an insignificant thing... why remove it? What are your priorities, EA?
Old 12-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #60
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

Injuries resetting after going into Settings/Sliders in CCM has been fixed. Makes me wonder what other unlisted things were fixed??
Old 12-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 2

got the update today on PS3, in my career mode, after playing my 2nd game after the new update, i recorded my first ASSISTED TACKLE! But it seems like i was the only one on the team that did...

makes me wonder if the patch had anything to do with this or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2012, 12:57 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrangers81
It sounds like you are just wanting to complain about something that can easily be fixed with sliders. Out of all the serious issues with M13, none of what you posted is an actual problem. You just need to find the right slider set. I suggest MarketingWiz and then adjust them to fit your style more.
Simply not the case. This was my most recent beef with the game, all the others are well addressed by many members on this site already.
RyanMoody on youtube documents the shortcomings of this game better than most and he compares it to Allpro Football 2k8 to show how things in a football game should be done.
The fact that this game still gets compared to games made several years ago is a valid reason to complain about something i payed $89 for. I only bought this game cause the highly touted physics engine yet i still see a large amount of morphing that effects outcomes in this game.

The reader score of 6/10 in my opinion is too generous.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #63
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

I just realized after the update, all of my settings and sliders were changed back to default. Did this happen to anyone else after downloading patch #4?
Old 12-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #64
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Fos
Injuries resetting after going into Settings/Sliders in CCM has been fixed. Makes me wonder what other unlisted things were fixed??
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorch

got the update today on PS3, in my career mode, after playing my 2nd game after the new update, i recorded my first ASSISTED TACKLE! But it seems like i was the only one on the team that did...

makes me wonder if the patch had anything to do with this or not.
Interesting. There seems to be some fixes under the hood.

I don't suppose the high sim stats or bad CPU play calling we're fixed?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »