Home

Scouting House Rules??

This is a discussion on Scouting House Rules?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 6
Scouting House Rules??

Don't know if its just me or if everyone sees this as a pretty big issue in regards to how easy scouting is but I'm hoping to figure out what others are doing.

I'm sure most have noticed that there really isn't much reason to waste points on revealing the ACTUAL ratings for prospects. I've yet to see a situation where the "A?" or "B?" didn't come out as a 90-99 or 80-89 respectively in a specific rating.

This makes it so I can pretty much draft the key ratings for every single player at a given position with just a single week's scouting points.

I thought of just forcing myself to unlock the full rating on each player but that's just like forcing myself to use a play that doesn't work in-game just to tone down yardage or whatever.

Only thing I can really think of is like trying to do similar to how we do in MLB or NBA in regards to scouting. We have limited personnel to send out to scout players, and they can only scout 1 player (or school) at a time n such.

Any other ideas? Because i can see myself getting like any player I want in the draft vs the CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2012, 11:47 PM   #2
Rookie

JO122194's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting House Rules??

What I do for QB'S is not be able to scout accuracy seeing how that is something that does not directly correlate to the NFL. I only scout Spd, Agi, Acc, Thp, Elu, etc. Awareness is the iffy one because its rare to draft a B awareness QB that isn't good so I don't look at that either. Also I never get the exact number, only stick to letter grades. Idc really for other stuff

Last edited by JO122194; 11-29-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:00 AM   #3
MVP

Yea my big issue though is that the letter grades alone are what makes the system kind of meh. The only thing really needed is to get the initial letter rating (A? B? C? etc) to know whether someones going to be good or not.

Scouting them further really provides minimal benefit when u can just do the initial scouting on basically every player in the draft (key ratings for each position) by the time you're halfway through the season.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:36 AM   #4
Rookie

JO122194's Arena

ehh but the thing is that's how it is in real life...sorta. Unless they did a storyline for every attribute instead of a grade. I mean, you heard all year Andrew Luck is great at this, this, this, this, this. It's rare to find a Tom Brady. It's harder to make one in game. The only thing is awareness if you wanna only scout by that. I'm going after a S in my franchise right now and I scouted him, B Spd, B Agi, B Acc, B Zcv, B prs, C mcv, A Hpw, B cth, A sta, A inj....sounds great, F awareness 5th rd projected. If you only scout by physicals and awareness, i guess you could have a hard time finding someone like that and make it a little harder.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:46 AM   #5
Rookie

Muteki's Arena

I started preventing myself from scouting awareness and injury. I felt awareness was too easy of an indicator of those players with quick and star development particularly in the later rounds. Injury I stopped scouting because I feel it gives me a bust factor. My last draft I picked up a guy who has really good physical stats, ended up with quick development, but his injury is in the 60's and he's been hurt a lot. So, he's either become a long term project, or a bust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2012, 12:58 AM   #6
MVP

Yea I think a start will be leaving the awareness rating a mystery for me. Would allow for some project player / bust potential to be there (for positions that I won't be controlling).
Old 12-02-2012, 08:23 AM   #7
Rookie

infablak's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muteki
I started preventing myself from scouting awareness and injury. I felt awareness was too easy of an indicator of those players with quick and star development particularly in the later rounds. Injury I stopped scouting because I feel it gives me a bust factor. My last draft I picked up a guy who has really good physical stats, ended up with quick development, but his injury is in the 60's and he's been hurt a lot. So, he's either become a long term project, or a bust.
THIS. I NEVER scout injury. Glad I'm not the only one. haha
Coming out of USC, I don't believe injuries were that big of an issue with Reggie Bush. Now look back from the 06 draft till now. Has he had a season where he WASN'T on the injury list, or didn't miss a game due to an injury?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »