Home

CCM: Do players on other teams actually ever PROGRESS??

This is a discussion on CCM: Do players on other teams actually ever PROGRESS?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #1
Rookie

Jim Jones's Arena

OVR: 5
CCM: Do players on other teams actually ever PROGRESS??

I got to thinking about this because I'm entering year four of my CCM and the free agent WR class is insane (Dez Bryant, Jordy Nelson, AJ Green, Roddy White, Torrey Smith, Michael Crabtree)

I realized, however, that all of them have regressed in OVR since the start of my CCM. White has dropped from 95 to 90 and the rest are all in the 80s. Green is actually an 88 after starting somewhere in the 90s and Bryant is still an 86, which is what he started as. It seems ridiculous to me that young WR's with as much potential as Bryant and Green would be in the mid 80s.

So I look around the NFL and I see only the following WR's are 90s:

Calvin Johnson - 90 (WTF?!?!?)
Desean Jackson - 93
Percy Harvin - 91
Greg Jennings - 91
Roddy White - 90
Victor Cruz - 90
Santonio Holmes - 90
Wes Welker - 90
Mike Wallace - 90

There just seems to be no actual progression going on here. Some of these guys should be high 90s by now. And this is just WR...a quick glance around the league shows me that no QB's who started the CCM rated below 90 have advanced past 90 except Andrew Luck.

Last edited by Jim Jones; 12-01-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #2
Rookie

SynShadowzz's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: CCM: Do players on other teams actually ever PROGRESS??

Did you change your offensive scheme?

The OVR you see is only reflective of how well they would fit into YOUR scheme.

If you changed your offensive scheme, that would explain it.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #3
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2
No I have noticed this as well guys degressing at young ages and losing speed. I think a lot has to do with the ridiculous goals some guys have.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #4
Rookie

Jim Jones's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynShadowzz
Did you change your offensive scheme?

The OVR you see is only reflective of how well they would fit into YOUR scheme.

If you changed your offensive scheme, that would explain it.
I've had a spread scheme since I started my CCM. I can't imagine why Johnson would be rated that low in a spread. How do I see what their regular OVR is?
Old 12-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 0

What about the setting for progressing players, I have heard that if you have it set to weekly or even every four games the CPU doesn't use the xp wisely therefore these players would not be benefitting as they should? Check your setting and change it to end of season? Anybody else heard of this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #6
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAB8
What about the setting for progressing players, I have heard that if you have it set to weekly or even every four games the CPU doesn't use the xp wisely therefore these players would not be benefitting as they should? Check your setting and change it to end of season? Anybody else heard of this?
This.

If you don't set your progression for "end of season" the CPU never accumulates enough points to progress their players in any attribute of real value...

I have mine set that way, and it still allows me to progress my guys whenever I like (I prefer to bump rookie AWR a couple times in season, etc.) but the CPU does it at the end of the year and guys really go up...

Like RGIII / Luck esp. went waaaay up due to this setting...

I'm not sure what the thread link for this is, but there was at least one or two that camr to this conclusion after in depth testing...
Old 12-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
This.

If you don't set your progression for "end of season" the CPU never accumulates enough points to progress their players in any attribute of real value...

I have mine set that way, and it still allows me to progress my guys whenever I like (I prefer to bump rookie AWR a couple times in season, etc.) but the CPU does it at the end of the year and guys really go up...

Like RGIII / Luck esp. went waaaay up due to this setting...

I'm not sure what the thread link for this is, but there was at least one or two that camr to this conclusion after in depth testing...
I thought I had read this somewhere in here! I have mine set at end of season as well. Thanks for confirming.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #8
Rookie

btvs's Arena

OVR: 6

Its just a never ending list of problems with Madden. Its just been a complete mess since debuting on XBOX 360 and PS3. I'm just done with it. I've been playing Madden 2005 on PS2.

Progression is broke, IR is broke, edit player is broke, CAP is broke. No draft class, fantasy draft is a complete joke.... So disappointing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »