Home

Do ratings play a role when simming?

This is a discussion on Do ratings play a role when simming? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Do ratings play a role when simming?

I play only franchise mode and I generally like to SIM my games/week. Does anyone know what ratings play a role in the simulation for any position or is it randomly generated (stats etc)? because ive seen 79 ovr QBs have MVP seasons and 88 ovr QBs have TERRIBLE seasons.

Does coaching strategy,autosubs etc. even play a role in simulation? ive somewhat noticed it when adjusting pass to rushing ratio but then again it could be random.

Anyway just a question to anyone that sims aswell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2013, 10:24 PM   #2
Rookie

dcmantommy72's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Do ratings play a role when simming?

On any default difficulty setting NO, ratings do not matter.

However you can always use a custom slider set to combat this and make it more realistic for you stat wise. IMO it makes the game WAYY better to sim with.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:16 AM   #3
Rookie

redlasers123's Arena

OVR: 4
Ya i once had shaun hill throw for 4300 yards, 42 td's and 7 picks when i simmed.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:51 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

They should (otherwise, what's the point) but I am convinced that they don't. I've seen too many seasons in this year's version where David Garrard, John Skelton, or Tim Tebow either won MVP awards or came darn close in spite of mediocre, if not worse, ratings.

To me, one of Madden's biggest shortcomings is its performance as a simulator. Any simulator will produce the occasional odd result, but it seems to happen with much greater frequency in Madden. Basically, any game that you simulate is a total crapshoot as to what you'll get regardless of the ratings of the players involved.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

So... What slider set do you suggest we use when simming? I also like to sim a lot and just manage my organization.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »