Home

Any point to a power back?

This is a discussion on Any point to a power back? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2012, 05:31 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Any point to a power back?

Ill give him more time its only a few games sample size. And stephans-howling i did decent running the ball on stretches and draws but hes an absolute killer in the passing game. Quick and catches everything. Screens, that RB angle route, and some times ill motion out and send him on a Go route if a LB is matched on him. but that goes for any fast rb with decent catching lol
Old 12-03-2012, 05:40 AM   #10
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

I drafted a rookie back and he always falls forward. He seriously reminds me of Jerome Bettis -- just 3 yards and a cloud of dust.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

trent richardson is a one cut back last i checked. he was a beast for me, but what i have seen that the o-line is what will determine if you have big gains out of the running back.once i had my o-line set with players that fit my scheme i saw a huge difference. before i was getting hit in the backfield, being held up by my own team etc..also don't hold the speed burst button until you are in open field, it starts sucking in defenders automatically.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
I drafted a rookie back and he always falls forward. He seriously reminds me of Jerome Bettis -- just 3 yards and a cloud of dust.
Yeah, I was hoping Chris Ivory would do that like he seems to in real life.

He sorta does unless he's squared up, but if ELU = breaking tackles, that explains a lot. His ELU is trash. McFadden's isn't much better.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:23 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I vastly prefer power backs to speed backs. The big things are the strength, trucking, stiff arm, and ball carrier vision (the latter affects the ability to slip off blocks).

What makes them better to me is that you get the yards after contact, and those really add up. Richardson gets HUGE yards after contact. You do have to initiate the truck sequence earlier than you'd think, but if you can get that going through the line and use the stiff arm in the open field, you can do really well.

With the speed backs, you're kind of stuck once you're hit for the most part.

I think with a power back you can do really well by using the following base plays: power-o, blast, stretch, zone, and dive. Tosses are a mess, but I'll give those up any day for a more durable back who fights for extra yards.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #14
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2
With a power back y have to be patient and use the truck stick while hittin holes that's how u get success with them and trust me it's good when u master it
Old 12-03-2012, 05:28 PM   #15
Rookie

kcchiefs1984's Arena

OVR: 1

It seems like every time I use stiff arm, using Peyton Hillis, he comes to a complete stop to body slam the defender allowing the rest of the defense to swarm in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #16
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Yeah, I was hoping Chris Ivory would do that like he seems to in real life.

He sorta does unless he's squared up, but if ELU = breaking tackles, that explains a lot. His ELU is trash. McFadden's isn't much better.
In the CCM I play in I use the Raiders as well and he's used to spell McFadden lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »