Home

Best Quarterbacks to draft in CCM?

This is a discussion on Best Quarterbacks to draft in CCM? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2012, 11:25 PM   #17
Rookie

Quackjack29's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Best Quarterbacks to draft in CCM?

For a 62, Terrence George is solid.

Fan of:
NFL- Pittsburgh Steelers
NBA- Miami Heat
NHL- Calgary Flames
MLB- Tampa Bay Rays
NASCAR- Kevin Harvick
Old 12-09-2012, 03:16 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by balcobomber25
The whole scouting system is about as unrealistic as you can get. There is no way that you should be able to see a players actual attributes, if you scout smartly you can completly avoid draft busts. What should be shown but amazingly is not is real world measures like 40 times, cone drill, bench press, wonderlic score etc. In the year 2012 I would prefer to see an actual scouting report with a players pro's and con's, the more you scout the more you unlock.
That's basically what it's doing, showing you a scouting report - just in letter grade form, which scout may use.

I agree, though, that you shouldn't get the exact rating through scouting. Scouting is observing and projecting - a fancy word for educated guessing.

And, yeah, I think it's odd that we STILL don't see SPD/STR/AGI/ACC/AWR (wonderlic could represent AWR or at least give the uncertain grade for AWR and PRC) as those are combine-tested abilities. At the minimum, you should get a

Would help if you had different levels of uncertainty. You can buy 2 level, the Combine gives +1 level to all the Combine-tested areas, and that's the best you can get. Something like:

0 levels of scouting = you know nothing
1 level of scouting = +/- 2 levels from given grade ("B" could be "D", "C" could be "A" or "F")
2 levels of scouting = +/-1 level from given grade ("B" could be "A" or "C", "C" could be "B" or "D")
3 levels of scouting = grade is in range ("B" is a "B", "C" is a "C")

...and that's the best you can get - would seem to capture the uncertainty while still getting info better.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:10 AM   #19
Rookie

vicaddict's Arena

OVR: 1

I haven't drafted a QB yet, because I never get an early pick. Is there a QB that would resemble a second Michael Vick oder even Tebow, who can throw? I'd like to have a scrambling QB on my Browns roster. He doesn't have to be a superstar, I'd be happy with a QB in his mid-80s in the long run.

Btw is it just me or do like 70% of all rookie QBs have the balanced scheme, while the rest has West Coast? I hardly notice vertical, spread or power run QB's, never had a zone run QB.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:34 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Would help if you had different levels of uncertainty. You can buy 2 level, the Combine gives +1 level to all the Combine-tested areas, and that's the best you can get. Something like:

0 levels of scouting = you know nothing
1 level of scouting = +/- 2 levels from given grade ("B" could be "D", "C" could be "A" or "F")
2 levels of scouting = +/-1 level from given grade ("B" could be "A" or "C", "C" could be "B" or "D")
3 levels of scouting = grade is in range ("B" is a "B", "C" is a "C")

...and that's the best you can get - would seem to capture the uncertainty while still getting info better.
That's a pretty good idea, I like this! I would like more randomization in the draft to avoid the draft guides in the future. Every single year is randomly generated with random players so no two leagues are EVER a like.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #21
Rookie

Hades71's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by the veteran
That's a pretty good idea, I like this! I would like more randomization in the draft to avoid the draft guides in the future. Every single year is randomly generated with random players so no two leagues are EVER a like.
Randomized drafts in madden were always horrible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #22
Rookie

Hades71's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by balcobomber25
The best QB I drafted was Rob Bell, pure pocket posser in the mold of Tom Brady. Threw for 4000 yds and 35 TD's his first season, 4500 and 46 TD's the second season. By year 3 he was a 96 overall.

My favorite QB to draft and play with is Danny Martens, he is one of the underdog stories, a good but not great QB.
When Brady retired in my ccm the pats had vince young for a season or two then they drafted bell. Hes been really good there.

Only QB ive drafted to start was pooh carlson in the first offseason and he has been awesome. Started out with 94/95 thp and low 80s on all acc, 88 spd.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #23
Rookie

I drafted Tyshaun Madison. Super speed, mid 80's, good arm. I have used him for 3 years and his rating is now 92, was 79 when I drafted him in the 3rd round.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:24 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 25

David Wolfe has been okay for me but is too inconsistent. Ken Marshall is tearing up my league.
Year 3 - 11-5

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »