Home

Taking A Page Out of NHL GMC

This is a discussion on Taking A Page Out of NHL GMC within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #1
Play With Integrity

HARTSTOPPER's Arena

OVR: 20
Taking A Page Out of NHL GMC

I love online franchises. I love the competitive nature, and I love just the general bonding you get from playing with 31 other people that everyone shares a mutual like for. The drafts are ALWAYS fun, and getting a big free agent signing over a guy in your division is just incredible. One thing is missing though.. No matter if you set an advance schedule for 3 days (most people have jobs or school so this works best), you can only get through 4-5 seasons tops.

What I would like to see done is Madden incorporate multiple weeks into one advance like the EA NHL series does. Let's say you start an online franchise today. the advance week would be from 12/5/2012 - 12/12/2012. In that week, weeks 1-4 would be available. This would allow for more seasons to be played and it would actually prove in the long run who is the better overall GM. You wouldn't have to trade for talent immediately. You could play through a good 9-10 seasons, and actually build through the draft, etc.

4-5 seasons just isn't long enough to draft a sleeper pick in the 4th round of a year 3 draft and hope that you see him flourish. He would need time to develop, and in terms of madden, it doesn't happen that fast.

Am I crazy for wanting this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Taking A Page Out of NHL GMC

I think it's likely that franchises will be able to carry over (with bugs) from Madden version to next Madden version.

So your concern about longevity, which is extremely important, should be addressed if I'm right.

A side note, I would suggest a Mon/Tue, Wed/Thu, Fri/Sat/Sun schedule. 7 seasons in 11 months

Old 12-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #3
Play With Integrity

HARTSTOPPER's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
I think it's likely that franchises will be able to carry over (with bugs) from Madden version to next Madden version.

So your concern about longevity, which is extremely important, should be addressed if I'm right.

A side note, I would suggest a Mon/Tue, Wed/Thu, Fri/Sat/Sun schedule. 7 seasons in 11 months
I dont think we will ever see a feature that allows us to carry over to next years installment. I wish it would happen but you have higher hopes than i do.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARTSTOPPER
I dont think we will ever see a feature that allows us to carry over to next years installment. I wish it would happen but you have higher hopes than i do.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
All EAS franchises have suggested this is coming soon because its pointless to develop franchise modes that go into the future, when such a small % of your player base even gets that far.

Old 12-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #5
Play With Integrity

HARTSTOPPER's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
All EAS franchises have suggested this is coming soon because its pointless to develop franchise modes that go into the future, when such a small % of your player base even gets that far.
I just think it's a marketing ploy just based off what we've seen from this generation of games. I mean, we are getting ready to see the next wave of consoles hit the market in the next year or so, and some features that were in PREVIOUS generations of consoles haven't found their way back to the current gen. I really don't see them trying to push something that would be that beneficial to us so late in the console stage.

Of course when the new consoles come out, it's going to be another stripped down basic version of the game because they won't be comfortable with the system yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2012, 01:39 AM   #6
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARTSTOPPER
Of course when the new consoles come out, it's going to be another stripped down basic version of the game because they won't be comfortable with the system yet.
I really hope this isn't the case.

I remember reading/hearing some time ago that a lot of developers would get the development kits for the next gen systems well in advance so they had a chance to get comfortable with them before the new systems came out. I hope that was true.

Watch me play video games
Old 12-06-2012, 01:54 AM   #7
Just started!

Not at all. That's good if you like it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »