Home

Well That Was A Waste! - CCM Story

This is a discussion on Well That Was A Waste! - CCM Story within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Well That Was A Waste! - CCM Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
Yea, hindsight is 20/20 huh?

Point is EA implemented the very expensive perk poorly, it did NOTHING.
Doesn't it just modify the chance, not make it 0%?

You could have just gotten a "bad roll" and he retired. It's like you tried your hardest to talk to him, visit him in the offseason, go with a couple guys like Gates and try to talk him into staying, and he said he'd consider it, but the wife and kids won and he felt like he did enough, so he walks away.

There are no guarantees. I like it like that.

To me, if I know my QB is getting old and I rely on a good arm to run my offense, it's incumbent on me as head football coach to prepare myself, and my squad, for that reality.

The perk may need to do more "modifying" so that it works more often. I'm not saying it doesn't. I'm just saying - prepare for the worst case scenario that he walks away anyway. I'm also saying we don't know that is does nothing at all if it just modifies the chance. It could cut the chance in half, and the player could still retire.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #10
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Well boys, I see we differ. I do NOT like burning 20,000 hard earned XP's for bupkus. And the week I bought the package Rivers WAS STILL on my roster so that was not the issue.

Trust me, I'll NEVER buy another retirement package EVER again. Boosts first, then FA packages.

BTW, guess who I signed from free agency to replace Mr. Early Retirement? Drew Brees.

Welcome home!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #11
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
Well boys, I see we differ. I do NOT like burning 20,000 hard earned XP's for bupkus. And the week I bought the package Rivers WAS STILL on my roster so that was not the issue.

Trust me, I'll NEVER buy another retirement package EVER again. Boosts first, then FA packages.

BTW, guess who I signed from free agency to replace Mr. Early Retirement? Drew Brees.

Welcome home!
Silver lining; maybe now you can get an extra year or 2 out of Brees since you have the retirement package!

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #12
Banned

balcobomber25's Arena

OVR: 0

The retirment packages just give you a chance to convince the guy to stay. But like in real life sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. I have convinced 38yr old players to play one more season and had 33 yr old players retire. There is no rhyme or reason to it and I like that.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #13
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Forgive me for being a total "Richard" OP but it's threads like this that confirm I don't fit in the next-gen Madden community, lol. The fact that you feel that spending 20,000 XP should guarantee that a player does not retire is just beyond me. I am the type of gamer that finds enjoyment in risk/reward and the chance of complete failure but many Madden gamers seem to prefer guaranteed success.

I just read another thread where someone was saying how they like that the non-storyline players in each draft, have the exact same ratings every time. I understand that people can play Madden how ever they see fit but this type stuff does not emulate the nature of NFL football yet gamers still want it in Madden. I just don't get it.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think the real question here is, how in the hell did you win two super bowls with Phillip Rivers?
Old 12-07-2012, 12:59 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelletgun527
I think the real question here is, how in the hell did you win two super bowls with Phillip Rivers?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 0

Yeah I agree there should be no "guarantee" here. Only increased probability.

It shouldn't be that easy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »