Home

Penalty Sliders

This is a discussion on Penalty Sliders within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Penalty Sliders

What's up with the penalty sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #2
Rookie

wech's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Penalty Sliders

Good question. I've read a lot about the fact that penalty sliders affect the game play but is that as concrete as anything can be with Madden? If so, exactly (or as close to exactly) what does adjusting the penalty sliders do? Does anyone know what moving, say, OPI to 25 versus having it at 75 or 99 does? Same with all the other penalties. There are theories but anything more than that? How sure is anyone that putting clipping at 35 does anything different than clipping at 55?
This intrigues me more than anything because I think that it is quite possible to play with one of the default slider sets (Rookie, Pro, All-Pro, All-Madden) and adjust ONLY the penalty sliders to change the way the game plays.
I DO think the penalty sliders make the game play differently, but I would like a better idea of what anyone else thinks. And yes, I have read the other thread about penalty sliders, but its very theoretical (and maybe that's all that there can be with these penalty sliders). Anything more concrete out there about them?
Old 12-11-2012, 12:21 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8
Other then seeing it while playing..not there is nothing from say EA..they will never comment on sliders themselves..but what I did or do..is play a game with gameplay sliders one way..then change "only" the penally sliders..and u can see it makes a big difference..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-2012, 12:52 AM   #4
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJHalt621
Other then seeing it while playing..not there is nothing from say EA..they will never comment on sliders themselves..but what I did or do..is play a game with gameplay sliders one way..then change "only" the penally sliders..and u can see it makes a big difference..

Yes but how?
I think it is a placebo effect. You can play one game, then not change anything and the next game can be very different.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:31 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8
Could be..but I have tried it with several different sliders..whether moving one way or another and seeing a difference....the biggest ones I feel are PI, intentional grounding, and offsides..the OPI and DPI I think are very easy to see..just raise them to 100 and see how coverage is..then lower and see the difference..to test them I would play the same game over again..I normally quit a game with a minute left..this way I have the same team and the same players are cold and hot..but it could be just in my head..but without EA ever coming out and saying something no one will ever know for certain..and the reason I feel they don't..is cause they are not completely certain themselves

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Yes but how?
I think it is a placebo effect. You can play one game, then not change anything and the next game can be very different.
Sample size and all that, but when I put offsides at 100, it was much harder for me to "balance" run blocking (offsides is said to increase defenders shedding blocks).

When I put it back at 50 - the run blocking slider was more "effective" for lack of a better word.

Like with anything related to sliders, it's going to depend on more than just that one slider. It is best to actually try it and see. Trying to explain it with the millions of possible set ups for sliders, plus any impacts of overall "difficulty level" (all madden, all pro, etc), it's just not possible to be exact, imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »