Home

What is the best way to develop a QB who sits behind the starter for a few seasons?

This is a discussion on What is the best way to develop a QB who sits behind the starter for a few seasons? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2012, 01:01 AM   #1
Rookie

JO122194's Arena

OVR: 0
What is the best way to develop a QB who sits behind the starter for a few seasons?

So I'm over here geekin on CCM and I'm wondering how do you actually "develop" a QB when he will never gain that much XP from not having playing time over 3-4 years. I have Tebow but I'm thinking of drafting a late rd QB in 2-3 seasons to come if the Tebow project doesn't pan out. Does anyone know how to get a substantial amount of points without the QB getting more than 10-15 snaps per year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2012, 01:05 AM   #2
Rookie

giantsandmetsfan's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: What is the best way to develop a QB who sits behind the starter for a few season

what i did with the qb i drafted in my giants ccm is i went to practice and put the backup qb as number 1 on the depth chart and he gets a good amount of xp but you have do the offense practice
Old 12-11-2012, 01:27 AM   #3
Rookie

JO122194's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What is the best way to develop a QB who sits behind the starter for a few season

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsandmetsfan
what i did with the qb i drafted in my giants ccm is i went to practice and put the backup qb as number 1 on the depth chart and he gets a good amount of xp but you have do the offense practice
That's a really good idea, how much XP do you get at the end of a season typically doing that?
Old 12-11-2012, 10:54 AM   #4
Rookie

giantsandmetsfan's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JO122194
That's a really good idea, how much XP do you get at the end of a season typically doing that?
it really depends on how well you perform with that qb in the practices during the season but the season that i did it i got over 30,000 xp
Old 12-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2
Does individual performance in practice determine XP gained?

I was under the assumption it was the same for everyone regardless...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2012, 11:12 AM   #6
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Interesting, I drafted a 68 QB that should be a solid QB except his AWR was in the 20's. So I started and pushed him most of the season to reach his season goals, and ended the season with him at 81 - 13 points higher. Nothing raises overall like AWR, by the way.

The project was so successful I traded my starter early next pre-season for a 1st rounder, and I'm ridin' this horse to another Lombardi.

Last edited by Old School SD Fan; 12-11-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:57 PM   #7
Banned

yanksrule3's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JO122194
So I'm over here geekin on CCM and I'm wondering how do you actually "develop" a QB when he will never gain that much XP from not having playing time over 3-4 years. I have Tebow but I'm thinking of drafting a late rd QB in 2-3 seasons to come if the Tebow project doesn't pan out. Does anyone know how to get a substantial amount of points without the QB getting more than 10-15 snaps per year?
Love how you mentioned "geeking" from the other thread, but i think practice would be the best option.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-14-2012, 11:44 AM   #8
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

As far as I know it doesn't matter if he starts or does anything in pratice for that matter. Everyone on your team gets the same xp no matter what based on what pratice you do. The best bang for your buck is the "Easy Win" pratice. 1200xp every time win or lose. 19200xp per season plus a little more if you get extra playoff games. Also starting him the whole preseason will help a little depending on how he does. That's really all you can do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »