Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
Rookie
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: mesa,az
wr overalls

Has anyone else noticed that if you have a wr under 65 ovr the computer will not cover him no matter how many times he has caught the ball during the year
blocknose is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #2
Banned
 
Old School SD Fan's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Re: wr overalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by blocknose
Has anyone else noticed that if you have a wr under 65 ovr the computer will not cover him no matter how many times he has caught the ball during the year

Why in the world would I allow a 65 slug WR on my roster anyway? So of course, I wouldn't know.
Old School SD Fan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2012
Re: wr overalls

I've never seen this to be the case and I've played some very lowly rated WRs as well as some completely out of position (i.e. offensive tackles) players at WR. The only explanation I can think of as to why you might see this happening is if you are playing a low rated WR as the 4th or 5th receiver and he's being covered by a LB.

Many low rated WRs are actually very effective if used correctly and just lack balance resulting in a low OVR rating. For if you have a guy with great speed, acceleration, release and/or spec catch but piss poor everything else he can still be a very effective deep threat even though his OVR is in the 60s.
purplerat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #4
Banned
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Dec 2011
Re: wr overalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
Why in the world would I allow a 65 slug WR on my roster anyway? So of course, I wouldn't know.
If he's 6'7 with 99 speed and acc and 80 catch but he has 5 awareness.
Arrow218 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:21 AM   #5
Twitch Staff
 
CloudFuel's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Houston, TX Area
Posts: 158
Re: wr overalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow218
If he's 6'7 with 99 speed and acc and 80 catch but he has 5 awareness.
LOL! Exactly.
CloudFuel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #6
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2009
Re: wr overalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
Why in the world would I allow a 65 slug WR on my roster anyway? So of course, I wouldn't know.
I find this mentality of putting so much stock in OVR hilarious. OVR means nothing.

I just won ROTY with a 66OVR WR in my online CCM. In fact, he was in the running for MVP. He had piss poor AWR, but great speed and elusiveness, and I was able to develop his catching skills to be solid over the course of the season. He was constantly able to get behind coverage and make big plays, despite being a "slug".
DrDoctor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #7
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2012
Re: wr overalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoctor
I find this mentality of putting so much stock in OVR hilarious. OVR means nothing.

I just won ROTY with a 66OVR WR in my online CCM. In fact, he was in the running for MVP. He had piss poor AWR, but great speed and elusiveness, and I was able to develop his catching skills to be solid over the course of the season. He was constantly able to get behind coverage and make big plays, despite being a "slug".
Exactly. In my Online CCM I broke every single game and single season receiving record with a sub-70 WR. Great speed and acceleration + high spec catch = lots of big plays.
purplerat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #8
Rookie
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: mesa,az
Re: wr overalls

exactly overall is a pointless rating that is used for beginners to make easy roster moves. I would say 50% of the overall is coming from the awareness rating. For wr this awareness will only effect if he choses the correct route for option routes.
blocknose is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:02 AM.

Top -