Home

Why isnt the cpu progressing players?

This is a discussion on Why isnt the cpu progressing players? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Why isnt the cpu progressing players?

Im in season 4 now and the cpu controlled teams wont progress a bit.
Even saw rg3 drop a point.

I got player progress on yearly dont know if that is why. But its pretty dumb
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2012, 04:36 PM   #2
ssc
Rookie

ssc's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Why isnt the cpu progressing players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickDL
Im in season 4 now and the cpu controlled teams wont progress a bit.
Even saw rg3 drop a point.

I got player progress on yearly dont know if that is why. But its pretty dumb
Change the progression to "end of year." Makes all the difference in the world, because otherwise the CPU will not accrue enough significant experience points to make legitimate steps forward with their players.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:42 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Does progression happen automatically? If so what is the player progression that you earn points used for?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssc
Change the progression to "end of year." Makes all the difference in the world, because otherwise the CPU will not accrue enough significant experience points to make legitimate steps forward with their players.
I have it o. End of the year. Unless a patch changed it or something. Havent changed any setting after i started my cc. I think the cpu progression is just really poor.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDM2004
Does progression happen automatically? If so what is the player progression that you earn points used for?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
You can do it automatically but i do my players manualy no idea where the cpu puts then when you let the cpu do it for you.
Im more talking about the cpu controlled teams
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2012, 12:31 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

We are in year 7 of our CCM (2 coaches) and there are 7 players that were drafted (generated players) in the entire league that are rated 90 or above. Of the 7, 4 of them are on human controlled teams and 3 are defensive ends. To recap, that means there are only two players on CPU controlled teams that progressed to 90 or higher that aren't DE's... IN SEVEN YEARS!!!

I have our CCM set to progress players at the end of season and it has been that way since we started. Clearly the CPU controlled teams are not progressing their players properly. I don't know if its because they aren't meeting their goals, they don't practice, or they are just really bad at distributing XP to their players.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:43 AM   #7
Rookie

Raging Raider's Arena

OVR: 0

The starters get XP and increase, but most of the time young talent is wasted because the CPU does not practice for extra XP and most young players ride the bench watching a 34 year-old with one higher OVR start.

I have been playing my franchise with weekly progression and still noticed multiple QBs improve to 90 OVR or more, so the system does work but depth chart logic is a bit flawed.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:40 AM   #8
Rookie

btvs's Arena

OVR: 6

I just put up a ton ratings for young players all over the league, just the awareness. It really helps. I just looked at stats for all the rookies and based it on that. RG3 and Luck were like an 82 forever in one of my leagues. Now in my newest league they are in the 90's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »