Home

Ideas Needed - Want to get back into Madden 13

This is a discussion on Ideas Needed - Want to get back into Madden 13 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2012, 08:44 AM   #1
Rookie

Rumplebeanskin's Arena

OVR: 0
Ideas Needed - Want to get back into Madden 13

I currently just can't get any desire to stick Madden 13 back in my Xbox. I played 4 years of a SS with the Packers, and won a SB. I then retired my SS and became head coach of the Cowboys, and lost in the SB in season 5.

I'm struggling to get any ideas for what I want to do to get back into Madden. I'm happy to go down the SS route of CCM again, even though I struggle with the lack of immersion in the mode. There's no conversation from your coach, no feedback, no goals, no anything really, just game after game. The lack of injuries is pretty weak as well, it's hard to even be down a depth chart as you rarely see the field and nobody ever goes down injured!

Does anyone have any ideas for good combinations of:

Player height/weight
Player position (WR/CB etc)
Player position type (man to man, possession etc)
Team
Draft position (high, late, undrafted)

The supersim when you play on one side of the ball always seems a bit wacky when you're off the pitch, but I can get over that still I think. I've played MLB on previous Maddens and that wasn't bad, and I've already done a few years at SS. I'd even blast out coach mode if something grabbed my attention.

Any ideas welcome, I'm just not sure what I could go for that would draw me back in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2012, 08:50 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Ideas Needed - Want to get back into Madden 13

How about the next great white running back?
Old 12-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Why not create a dynasty (either player or coach; coach is better)? It engrosses you to really dive yourself deep into your player or team. Click on my signature to see how I'm doing mine. This gets me playing the game more and more...

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 12-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

wait... so you can play as a player, retire, then move on to coach?? didn't know that. sounds pretty sweet!

I was @ the same place as you few months back. i would suggest the same as jaymee - dynasty as coach (w/jarrod's sliders if you found the game becoming way too easy).

jarrod's sliders saved the offline portion of the game for me...
Old 12-11-2012, 04:48 PM   #5
Rookie

Rumplebeanskin's Arena

Thanks for the ideas! I'll definitely give the sliders a look. I've struggled to find the balance between genuinely challenging and unrealistic, so I'll give them a go. I might go down the customisation route, I already added 8 players (creating friends, placed at various positions and teams) who were rated around 85, simmed a few seasons then dived in to that ccm world but it didn't do much for me.

I'm also tempted to make a WR, but not use the call for the ball button, as that makes the game too easy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2012, 07:47 AM   #6
Rookie

Rumplebeanskin's Arena

For anyone interested, I went with an Undrafted 6'2 Speedster WR for the Bengals.

Started at 67OVR, I managed to make the roster as their 5th WR. I'm on kick return, and kick off coverage. I didn't get any snaps on offence in week 1 or 2, I got 1 snap in a 4WR set in week 3, and 5 snaps at WR in week 4. The 4th WR (who also returns punts), got a rest of current game injury, so I saw more playing time. Returned a punt 76 yards for a TD, was nice. I have 1 catch for 12 yards at present

I've turned the injuries up to 100 in the hope that teams will get multiple injuries and multiple guys on IR, instead of 1 or 2 like at present. I've also put the fatigue up to 65 to try and get some more realistic rotation. As a player tho, I can't control the autosubs.

It's nice being a backup, feeling like you're trying to make an impression to get snaps. Bit different to just creating a stud and being great from the get go.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »