Home

Hope for improving Madden

This is a discussion on Hope for improving Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 01:30 AM   #9
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Hope for improving Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Did anyone else shake their head in complete disgust at this video - especially when the punter got faked out? It's really pretty amazing.
What's going to be amazing is come March or so, when all the hype starts up, the way all this stuff will be forgotten by many. Even with all the things that have happened, not the least of which an actual former EA Tiburon employee "telling all".

There are many games that I play or have played, that clearly aren't reasonably realistic and I am ok with that but they don't claim to try to be. Those claiming that Madden is being designed for optimal NFL realism, are clearly mistaken. Moody correctly notes in the video, that none of this will likely change anything but he is just pointing it out anyway. I really thank God for my sense of humor because at this point these type of glaring issues and the lack of any substantive effort to address them is comical, imo.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:46 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Did anyone else shake their head in complete disgust at this video - especially when the punter got faked out? It's really pretty amazing.

The punter...that was like...Wait...what? *rewinds* What is he... *rewinds*

Insane.

That and #52. Literally was shaking my head - which turned to laughter when he got pushed down. Poor #52.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:25 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
I got a video that's mind boggling. Check this one out. I didn't playmaker the WR either. You can tell it's bugged play too because I was trying to chase the defender with Flacco and I couldn't move.

This was me when it happened

I'm going to write a review of the game after a few months. All I can say is the core of the experience has NOT changed. I will say more what I mean by that in the review.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2012, 08:53 AM   #12
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Synchronized and over repeated animations are just one of the things that kill this game. There are supposed to be thousands of animations in the game, but you never get to see them because everyone's doing the same things at the same time on the field. It gets tiring seeing the user controlled DE roll over the Tackle, or the DE shoved to the ground by the Tackle...this was an issue in 09 and hasn't been addressed and probably will never be addressed as long as the game continues to be built with the stick jockey in mind when developing the game play.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:58 AM   #13
Rookie

preaceps's Arena

OVR: 6

What Madden really needs is to split the processes. I am no programer, hell I can just about hit the on button as my max use, but it seems to me that it is too much piggybacking for programming. My guess is that they used code for the defense as a whole to react, same with blocking problems in madden. Most likely they did this so that increased graphics could be used without lagging the system. But thing is I bet most of us would be happy with like M10 graphics if maddens code was such that every play is running 22 different scripts. Meaning that each individual is broadcasting to other what is happening, IE handing off the ball for a run. Then the corresponding scripts, 11 on defense in this case, react to the change in environment. Obviously based on the predetermined stats as AWR and Play Rec.

Of course this would lead to lag and isn't done, but I bet you that it would fix stuff like a punter getting faked out by someone 35 yds downfield, blockers always knowing all the people who are blitzing/what stunts are being ran, hell maybe even the crappy zone coverage. This is what I would like to see, a real football sim game with slightly worse graphics than current but actual REALISM, otherwise just give me blitz back.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:36 AM   #14
Banned

cpic1's Arena

OVR: 1

I didn't see anything wrong with what #52 did. I am a Rams fan so the last 5 years I have seen plenty of players just running around not knowing what they are doing
Old 12-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Ratings seem also more about "goal assignment". So RBK does probably increase the duration of a block, but it seems to impact if the blocking goal is "picked up on" by the player (along with AWR). When it's not, you see more situations like what #52 is doing. Lead blockers that just wonder around and stand in the way of you, blocking the wrong player (again not using his eyes and knowing his responsibility on the play).
This one kills me. I hate to do a toss play or a power play where my lead blocker gets out in front and doesn't look to drill someone in the second level. I see it mostly with the pulling guards. It is like they look for a DE to hit but not a LB in the second level. It turns a toss or a power that could be 5 to 10 yards, depending on the RB, into 2 to 3 yards.

I do wish I could say it was the LB making an awesome play and blowing up the run but its not like they are shooting down the LOS to get into the back field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Everything boils down to one thing. They did not deal with the fundamentals first and everything is screwed up. They can't allow lead blockers to get out and block because they don't have defenders that set the edge on those plays, nor do they have CB's that have sense to crash, nor do they have Safeties that have sense to fill the alley. You would run tosses all day and score TD's. No matter what EA does Madden is so far behind sometimes I feel like it's not worth talking about. Just accept the arcade football they put out or play something else.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »