Home

is it just me, or do some people seem to want to ...

This is a discussion on is it just me, or do some people seem to want to ... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2012, 09:58 AM   #1
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
is it just me, or do some people seem to want to ...

is it just me, or does it seem like alot of players in leagues want to spam stats for players now that the xp factor has come into play? i mean i know people used to spam really good players, but now it seems in online leagues, that people will try to find any excuse to try and spam the stats of players , just so they can get alot of xp for them, instead of just playing football.i mean am i the only one who sees this? surely i cant be.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: is it just me, or do some people seem to want to ...

I think you make a good point for the biggest downfall of XP in general. At least in the way it has been implemented.

I don't really have a solution for this problem with it, but I think it was going in a good direction as far as the concept is concerned.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #3
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

yes i agree, i like the concept much better than players having a predetermined attribute growth. only way i know that it can be "somewhat" controlled is by setting up rules in leagues on players not getting outrageous stats per game. of course some like to cry about that though , cause then they are not geting the outrageous xp they was used too. its just hard to really balance this out it seems. i mean of course there more than a fair share of guys who just play to win , but not by spamming certain players. maybe if they gave commish's the option to maybe set goals to be met by each position and then have a cut off point , like after soo many yards, its would no longer count towards anything.including breaking records, as players get huge xp for that. that is about the only thing i can think of right off hand. i do agree, a player should be able to progress based on how he plays.but not by being spammed. also would love it if they would make the draft classes truely random, like having each draft class , from league to league randomly assign attributes to each player. so that there could not be a draft class sheet anymore . that would really make the scouting aspect much more realistic and fun , as well as challenging.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #4
Pro

RECORDS WERE MADE TO BROKEN.

like you said ppl were spamming stars before XP. Nothing has changed. If you are going to set limits then ppl will just go to the max limit. If you say 150 yards a game is realistic for a WR then ppl will get right up to that number.

my question is If AP broke the rushing record in your league would say that his user is spamming him?
Old 12-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #5
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: is it just me, or do some people seem to want to ...

As a defensive coordinator, so to speak, doesn't this just help you know what your most likely to see? I mean if a guy is just throwing to one WR a ton....then I'm gonna man cover, manual the safety to double/help, and spotlight him on plays that have any LBs in zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2012, 01:25 AM   #6
Rookie

Raging Raider's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
As a defensive coordinator, so to speak, doesn't this just help you know what your most likely to see? I mean if a guy is just throwing to one WR a ton....then I'm gonna man cover, manual the safety to double/help, and spotlight him on plays that have any LBs in zone.
This is the same with most video games, where a player who keeps spamming the same thing over and over becomes predictable and easy to beat.

People playing online against other players have nobody to blame but themselves if they let their opponent run up a big score.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:59 AM   #7
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

In my league Matt Ryan threw for 7000 yards! Back to back MVP. The user is one of the best though so give him props.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:22 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Good thread, I always like them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »