Home

Problem with Madden '04 Franchise

This is a discussion on Problem with Madden '04 Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2003, 08:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Problem with Madden \'04 Franchise

Didn't know if anyone had the same problem, but I got through the 3rd year of a owner mode dynasty, tried to start a year 4, but the game just won't let me. I can sign coaches, but when I go to the off-season menu, the retired players and re-sign players options are already dark, I didn't get to do either, and when I went to rookie scouting, there was nothing there. If i skip the scouting and select the draft, it just freezes as it processes the scouting steps. Any ideas? And yes, I've tried it with importing a draft class and not importing a draft class.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2003, 10:25 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Problem with Madden \'04 Franchise

are you over the cap?
Old 11-10-2003, 07:13 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

Yeah, are you a big spender during the regular season?
Old 11-10-2003, 11:25 PM   #4
Rookie

no not over the cap...had plenty of room, not too big of a spender during the season....I've come up with two possibilities....One being another recent post I just read about two many created players, I downloaded these rosters prior to the season.....THe other being, I play the Bills im my franchise, and after the third season, finally won a Super Bowl....that in itself could have thrown the game off.....I may start over, but that's going be a lot of work to get back, or just start looking at hoop games til baseball season comes....
Old 11-11-2003, 08:03 AM   #5
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

i'm sick of this ****e.....
My custon D Playbook has had trouble for a couple of days now. EA shouldn't have CAP or CAPlay if it is going to throw their sh%t out of whack. My game also has some horrible freezing problems in general. EA really blew the QualityControl this time.
Lots of little things---details---wrong. I'm kinda pissed.

I think the guy who, some time ago, suggested EA rushed the release to beat SEGA handily to the shelves may have been on to something
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2003, 02:55 PM   #6
Rookie

yeah i had a similer problem, i went into yr four preseson but i needed to sign some players and had low cap room. it shut owner mode off, but the franchise continued normally.
Old 11-11-2003, 05:04 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have the same problem. It started when I moved the Cardinals to Las Vegas, and the thing froze and would not let me advance to the off season. I thought it may have been a glich with the new stadium and uniforms, so I restarted.

This time around I used the Broncos. Nothing out of the ordinary, here, I stayed in Denver, lost in the SB in year 2nd year, and when I tried to move to the off season, it did the same thing as before. I did import both times, so I figure this is the problem. The issue is, I am sick of restarting the game. I play the seasons to see where it takes me, and to stop after 3 seasons sucks.

I am glad I am not the only one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »