Home

QBs not being resigned

This is a discussion on QBs not being resigned within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-25-2012, 03:06 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
QBs not being resigned

After 2015 in my ccm

Rg3 signs ith broncos

Russell Wilson signs with eagles

Tannehill signs with redskins

Wth? This has caused me to lose interest in my ccm.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2012, 11:44 AM   #2
Rookie

justinturner54's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: QBs not being resigned

$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 12-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #3
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinturner54
$$$$$$$$$$$

I'm not sure that money has EVER actually affected the re-signing of a franchise QB- IE prevented it.

The team and the QB always work it out if the QB is clearly the future of the franchise.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:54 PM   #4
Rookie

Maxil's Arena

OVR: 2

most likely put in the programming

People have moaned about the FA pool never getting any depth, now the teams seem to go into full rebuild mode every year or other year.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:14 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandetta
I'm not sure that money has EVER actually affected the re-signing of a franchise QB- IE prevented it.

The team and the QB always work it out if the QB is clearly the future of the franchise.

Depends on cap room, etc.

Some teams in my CCM have $6 M in cap room. Good luck signing even a solid QB for that, let alone a true franchise QB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #6
Pro

pw_1016's Arena

OVR: 7

Hasn't this been an issue in every Madden game, though? I can never remember a madden where Tom Brady stayed with the Patriots until retirement...

Old 12-29-2012, 08:23 AM   #7
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Matt Ryan, Josh Freeman and others have switched teams in my franchise. I think it's a combination of money, cap room, ratings and bad logic. The CPU will spend elite dollars on 90+ rated guys. Eli Manning just got extended in my 4th year for $62 million over 4 years. Aaron Rodgers resigned with the Pack for around $20 mil a year iirc. But if you are only rated around an 85 the CPU doesn't consider you elite and sort of discards you or doesn't pay attention.

There is no question the CPU logic along with contract salaries are problematic in Madden. Low end starters and top backups around 78 to 82 can usually be signed for less than $1.5 mil per year. That's too cheap and allows you to sign a lot of free agents to fill holes in your roster but the CPU doesn't do it. I've seen a CPU team whose #1 WR was 75 and every other WR less than 70 and yet they sign nobody despite cap space and at least 5 WRs rated 76 to 78 in FA. I've seen the CPU use the worst possible combination along the OL that defies all logic. The Bears in 2014 signed Romo for 2 years and $16 mil when he was rated 88 and Cutler 86. They kept Cutler on the roster the whole year despite the fact he was a backup and had the highest cap figure of anyone on the team at $16 mil.

The truth is Madden's logic needs work. QBs will move around unless they are rated at least a 90 (elite).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »