Home

Cant stop the pass Online

This is a discussion on Cant stop the pass Online within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2012, 10:16 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Cant stop the pass Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
I've been around the block with online gaming and madden to know when im being duped by a glitcher and when i got my butt handed too me. Either way I take away a lot from those experiences and grow from them like most people should.

So, its not fair to say I was glitched from a win when my opponent would "shake glitch", or "Rocket Catch" to the same guy down after down until he scored all game long knowing that mess was very hard to defend if defend at all? Anyone remember the quicksand glitches or the gliches that would have all your defenders rush the QB?

Its stuff like that I cry foul about, if you so determined to win by any means and resort to that type of gameplay against an opponent who clearly doesnt share the same mentality, then why be quiet about it and let it go on. Closed mouths dont get fed!

So say what you want about how you assume this and assume that about me, if you have a PS3 im in the community and you can see and experience my game for yourself since I would already know how to attack you to beat you now.
Yet you looked at what I posted and deemed it a glitch, even claiming it was "magic", so I'm going to be quite skeptical about your glitch identifying skills. Yes, I'll do anything to win so long as it's not something that breaks gameplay (which is what a glitch actually is). That's what actual football teams do. Just yesterday I heard an NFL coach state that they'd play a player at any position on the field if it would help them win. I agree with that mentality.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2012, 10:40 AM   #26
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

User D is the only thing that I saves me on pass D. If you are trying to rely on the computer to cover someone for you its not going to work most of the time. Of course you cant cover everyone, so look at your defense and see where the weak part of the secondary will be and control that defender.

For example, if run a cover 6. There is the defender covering the flat on one side with only a safety in the deep third behind him. On the other side is a flat zone, hook to flat zone, and safety deep third. This side is pretty safe with the 3 defenders, especially with the hook to flat zone. But the other side is going to get ate up every single time by a good user once they realize that corner is bumping and covering the flat. So I manually control that corner and try to make a play on the ball or force my opponent to throw into the computer coverage.

I control a safety most of the time and am just starting to get into controlling the corner and am liking the results.. creates an unpredictability when the guy sees a corner following a receiver instead of sitting there in a zone covering air.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:52 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

^
Yup. User coverage makes a big difference. I'm not that great at user covering but what I've found is that if I can identify my opponents first read and take it away or just make it look like I have it covered that goes along way to stopping the pass.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:04 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

I've had sort of a weird go at the online, this year. I'm only 4-1 online, all played with Tampa Bay.

I'm averaging 30ppg and only giving up 20ppg.

I do agree that it's tough to stop people, with some of the gimmicks in the game. I just play it conservative and limit the mistakes. Usually someone throws an interception on me and that's the difference in the game.

Sometimes the difference in a game can be as simple as throwing a pass away, instead of forcing something. Some people just don't comprehend that.

If you want a competitive game on both sides of the ball, your best bet is to join a legit league. That's what I did.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »