Home

Tight end 1015 yards in ONE GAME?!?!?!

This is a discussion on Tight end 1015 yards in ONE GAME?!?!?! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2012, 04:35 AM   #1
Rookie

WeWereGiants's Arena

OVR: 0
Tight end 1015 yards in ONE GAME?!?!?!

I've played Madden online for years, and I've always been an above-average player. One thing I've always been proud of is my ability to gameplan.

Well, that brings me to the game I just played online. I have absolutely never seen anything like it. My opponent picked the Cowboys and chose the Houston offensive playbook and a 3-4 defensive playbook. He spent the entire game - literally every offensive snap - running the same play: an empty shotgun TE option. Witten would run a short fade and break it off either to the inside (left) or outside (right). No matter what I did, what defense I ran, what blitz package, what coverage, etc..Witten was wide the **** open EVERY SINGLE TIME. I would double cover, single cover, spotlight, back the coverage off, bring it up tight, shift it right or left, everything. Nothing worked.

Is there a glitch that this guy was exploiting? My defenders would just stop or dive out of the way as the pass was coming, regardless of what I called.

Likewise, when I was on offense, I had less than 2 seconds to throw on every play. He wasn't even controlling any pass rushers, the AI was just getting through my offensive line - the 49ers offensive line, mind you - like it wasn't even there, again regardless of what I called.

So again, are there any glitches that this guy apparently knew about that I don't know about? If not, what was I doing wrong (from what I've explained)? Any help is appreciated.
San Jose Sharks
Stanford Cardinal
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2012, 05:20 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Tight end 1015 yards in ONE GAME?!?!?!

Ouch! Maybe he was using the Playmaker feature to manually control Witten.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:38 AM   #3
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2
Did u try manually covering him?? That's what I woulda done.. Tight ends are over powered in the game.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #4
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Tight Ends are pretty good in this game but honestly and I hate saying this but 1,015 yards means you have to play a little better.

In a 6 minute online ranked match that has me assuming this guy had to have scored almost 100 on you. Even with playmaker that is pretty incredible.

What system are you on? Do you know that player's PSN/GT?

1,015 yards for one player is just mind boggling. I can easily say with a fade make your corners play the sideline and you take the inside or vice versa - mix that with a zone and it'll be tough for him get a simple fade off - especially with a decent pass rush.

I watch a lot of freestyle guy's channels on youtube and I haven't seen any exploit to this extreme.

I'd love to see video... 1k receiving in one game... man, thats like 684 XP in CCM
Old 12-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
Tight Ends are pretty good in this game but honestly and I hate saying this but 1,015 yards means you have to play a little better.

In a 6 minute online ranked match that has me assuming this guy had to have scored almost 100 on you. Even with playmaker that is pretty incredible.

What system are you on? Do you know that player's PSN/GT?

1,015 yards for one player is just mind boggling. I can easily say with a fade make your corners play the sideline and you take the inside or vice versa - mix that with a zone and it'll be tough for him get a simple fade off - especially with a decent pass rush.

I watch a lot of freestyle guy's channels on youtube and I haven't seen any exploit to this extreme.

I'd love to see video... 1k receiving in one game... man, thats like 684 XP in CCM
He's lead passing and it disables the defense, its been this way since launch and most of the time when you manually cover it your players doesnt even respond to the button presses or he does the opposite of what you were trying to accomplish.

U have to manual cover like it was suggested and if you're on PS3 there is a way to either cover the sidelines or cover the seams, its like left stick up and R stick down for seams and R stick U for sidelines. It comes in handy too!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #6
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

TE's with 80+ SPD and 85+ RRN are practically unstoppable in this game when combined with lead passing. You have to tailor your entire presnap gameplay to stop them (I.E. shade outside man coverage with CB and double cover with ILB) or ou get burnt.

The way that route running and lead passing works is slightly overpowered but primarily because there's still absolutely no way to work a receiver off their route aside from press coverage. Madden is still a "no contact until animation" kind of game and that means you either have to cut routes or press to stop good passing.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:31 AM   #7
Pro

It's a mind game with these situations and you just need to get better at it. If they are literally resorting to one single tactic, it's something you can stop yourself. You might think your skills are better than they are TBH, that sort of thing really isn't that hard to go up against.

Then again, if you're bothered by this, why even torture yourself with random online play, just find an online community of non dickheads and go play some proper football.

Old 12-29-2012, 01:07 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 21

I hate the prototypical responses to this, both of which appear in this thread.

First of course, you need to learn to play better.

Secondly, just play with people you know.

I'm not against either of those concepts, in fact they will both make the game a better experience.

The problem is with the game, it's really that simple.

Even if the user does nothing, the players you don't control should have some type of awareness or understanding of the same play being repeated and adjust. I'm not asking for whole sale defensive adjustments without user input but rather the "game adapts to you" slogan this game was sold on years ago to factor in.

Even if that doesn't work, injuries, stamina or fatigue should start to effect a player putting in that type of workload. The game is void of real time injuries but cramping and exhaustion are just to pre loaded injuries that come to mind.

In closing, I realize the guy came here for help in solving a problem. So he was asking for the suggestions I spoke about. I also know based on his post he felt he was being exploited and took notice of release time, secondary position, repeated animations, etc.

I just wish we could use these examples more as a means to demand a better product and show the flaws we deal with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »