Home

Crazy free agents?

This is a discussion on Crazy free agents? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Crazy free agents?

I'm thinking about re-starting my offline CCM, all because the CPU teams won't keep marquee players. In a single offseason, AJ Green and Andy Dalton were available. So was Dez Bryant. So was Roddy White. Darrell Revis is available.

I wish there was a slider to influence teams to keep their top players. I can't see how the CPU figures it's better to cut all of their top OVR players?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2012, 11:56 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Crazy free agents?

Yup after year two Revis was in free agency, and by year three Roddy White AND Julio Jones in free agency you would think the Falcons would keep atleast one of them. Tony Romo and Demarco Murray was there same year.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
Banned

look at their salary caps

even all bad team has not much room to keep their star players

com decides who to keep or relese based only on their ovr ratings (so they give huge contract to 93 ovr player who never made pro bowl once in their carrer or produce much on field)

my team is full of players who are just over 80 ovr but produce like 95 ovr players in other teams so i save money and go to super bowl every year
Old 01-01-2013, 09:56 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

In my first off-season, I only saw a few "big name" guys. James Laurinitis was in FA--that was the biggest surprise. Aquib Talib was as well. I can actually see Talib hitting FA if TB couldn't find a trade. He does have holes in his game and has a rap sheet.

Laurinitis could just have become too expensive. Plus, with a new coach and a new direction, perhaps he just didn't fit the scheme.

Other than that, there were lots of starter-caliber players out there, but none that blew me away.

Teams will eventually snap up the really good FAs during pre-season, so things get taken care of one way or another.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:37 PM   #5
Rookie

Patrick Peterson is the best FA I have been able to pick up so far. Tried like crazy to trade for him, but no dice, then he shows up in FA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno2ss
Patrick Peterson is the best FA I have been able to pick up so far. Tried like crazy to trade for him, but no dice, then he shows up in FA.
Damn. I'd throw 15 million down for him, lol. I wound up picking up DRC, who'd been dumped for not living up to expectations.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:49 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP
Damn. I'd throw 15 million down for him, lol. I wound up picking up DRC, who'd been dumped for not living up to expectations.
That is about what it took to sign him too, but there was no way I was going to miss out on him. Over half of it is signing bonus as well just to make sure.

I tried to get DRC to go with Peterson but had to settle for Antonio Cromartie. You can really attack with your safeties with those two on the outside.

Last edited by Inferno2ss; 01-01-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:37 AM   #8
Rookie

Thats one of the things that are nice about being in a crowded online CC, people managing their teams so that stars dont hit FA too often. I think in our first FA the best CPU non-resignings was Thomas Howard, D Levy, Chris Houston, Antoine Cason, Derek Cox, Sean Smith and such ^^ Of user decision there was Brian Urlacher, Brent Grimes, Jared Cook Jr, Paul Kruger -- So nothing too crazy

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »