Home

Presentation / Announcing Ideas for CCM Mode

This is a discussion on Presentation / Announcing Ideas for CCM Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 16
Presentation / Announcing Ideas for CCM Mode

They really need to revamp this area. List some of yours, here are my top 10 (in no order)

1.) In the playoff game, Nantz says a general line, then they say nothing while the players run out onto the field. That'd be fine and all, except while they run out, you could hear a pin drop in the crowd. It's the playoffs, get excited! That definitely didn't pump me up.

2.) Next line mentioned it was a rivalry game, because I played the Broncos earlier that year, me being the Steelers.

3.) I think rankings under the player intros would be awesome. For offensive line, the teams rank in rushing offense. Wide Receivers show passing offense, etc. Obviously, they need to expand on the commentary and not be so repetitive, especially if there is a key player in the game. Not to mention, Simms says nothing about the intro QB line in CCM.

4.) For the intros, don't have repeated players if someone is injured. Takes away all immersion.

5.) The crowd needs to get wayyyyy louder on all occasions, but especially the playoff atmosphere. Btw, what's with the Indian sounding yoddling noise, haha? Play APF 2k8 and you'll know what I mean.

6.) Expand stats to show ones like CB: thrown at, completion allowed, comp allowed %, TD's allowed. For Oline: hurries allowed, hits allowed. Would help in these two areas progression of stats two. Can't judge a CB based on tackles and INT's. Have the announcers talk about the replays and stats shown on the overlays.

7.) Have announcers talk about a player's cold and hot streak. Mention how the team has fared so far this season, who played well and not played well last game. This NBA 2k13 video will tell you all you need to know: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vVolOHa5Lk

8.) Bring back team chants and player chants, and make them louder and more realistic sounding.

9.) Bring back a halftime show and post game show. Talk about keys to the game and expectations of it in pre-game show, not so generic "Both WR's groups are looking to play well."

10.) In general, just make it feel like a story to engage the user. That's what the twitter feed helps to do afterwards. Simms and Nantz made strides this year and so did presentation group. Another small fix would be to change the coloring of the stats shown to a more broadcast feel. Ask DeuceDouglass about that!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2012, 08:59 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Presentation / Announcing Ideas for CCM Mode

I got a kick out of Nantz introducing Romo as "the Dallas Cowboys QB" or something like that...when he's playing for the Falcons...

Tell us if the CPU players are/are not coming back from injury. They put it in for the user's players, but never say the status of the CPU's players. I get it's a video game, but it's supposed to be presented like a broadcast - they'd mention all the injuries. As it is, I have to pause the game and check the medical center, not very immersive. And I STILL want a sideline reporter...

Oh, and on that note...either have those lines from Simms about "yeah, good for him, but the team might not be happy because he's playing AWFUL" actually match production...or take them out. When he says that about a guy who's got like the only TD pass and 75-80 yards on the day...that's not awful...

Same for the "he's playing great" one. Don't use it on a guy who barely saw the field. Or has like 3 tackles all game (unless it's 3 sacks...)

All of the banter commentary seems to be in year 1. Like if I'm playing vs the Giants, they'll talk about them being the defending champs or about how Eli is so great. This should be on-going, but talk about the team's performance and players. Like for the Raiders, I have Rolando McClain kicking butt (evidently, I should coach the Raiders LOL); it would be cool if it mentioned how Rolando's improved his play or how the other offense better watch out for him. Or how stunning it was for Terrelle Pryor to usurp the starting QB role from Palmer and then a year later lead the team to the Super Bowl.

Same for Caulder (who's a storyline player at that). Talk about how my organization believes in him, even after he got labeled as fumble prone in his college career (he got that storyline progression for me). Talk about the pressure of replacing McFadden, who was traded to make Caulder the #1 HB, or being a power player on a team that traditionally prizes speed and athleticism over all else.

When Denarius Moore was chasing down the single-season receiving record in my year 1 (he was the only guy I could count on to catch the ball...that would have been nice to mention - show him with 1500 yards and no one else with like 500 on a stat overlay), no mention of it. No overlay after a few catches showing how many yards he needed, etc.

A lot of the stories in the NFL come from what's happened on the field during the current year. Bring in some of that. Talk about if my team or my opponent is having a surprisingly good or bad year, or is in a tough division, etc.

Last edited by KBLover; 12-31-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:28 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

Commentation would take too long to mention so I'll just stick with the presentation aspect.

Quite simply, EA purchased the ESPN license back in early 2005 and have yet to implement it into Madden. Quite honestly, I still believe that they purchased the license just to take it away from 2K's other sports games. Never the less, all Tiburon has to do is copy ESPN NFL 2K5, eliminate the cheerleader and fan cutscenes (which I honestly hate) and bam.....DONE. The halftime and postgame highlights alone would crush the presentation in every Madden period. And yeah, I would say that, hahaha, they copied 2K5 but hey, if you're going to copy something, better to copy something great and that's worth copying in the first place. Either way, that would be awesome but sadly, I dont ever see it happening.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:40 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 21

I personally love when your putting together an important drive late and you get the old QB is trying to inflate his stats line.

Fantasy drafted your team, you can practically forget hearing about players to watch on the into screen.

Just about as awful as the "moment of truth" remark that gets made about 1 out of every 10 bombs.

More times than I care to mention the score has been way out of hand, 20 plus over and I start hearing talk about a possible comeback.

One of the big problems is with lack of defined crowds, non generic player chatter and stadium music your focusing so much on the announcing because its all you hear. Everything else is drowned out so quickly.

2k5 and 2k8 you could hear backers tip off draw plays, among other things....in real time. The first time I played online and I heard watch the draw when the offense came out in 11 personell I was floored. They also routinely called out screens.

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 12-31-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:01 AM   #5
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12

You guys have already said everything I was going to say but Me personally I would like for the on field chatter/sound of collisions to be improved..... I also want certain players Mic'd Up

I mean just how hype would you get if you drafted a young RB and you had to face the Ravens week 1 and Ray Lewis killed him and afterwards he says "This a Man's game right here"

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2013, 09:46 AM   #6
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

I say this every year when it comes to commentary. EA needs to get rid of specific lines about players, teams, coaches, etc. They sound nice in year one if you dont change rosters, but the problme is they are used even in year two, three, and beyond even if they aren't accurate anymore. For example they will say "out comes Tom Brady, NFL Record Holder with 50 TD's and a 3x MVP" which sounds great in 2012, but if someone breaks the record or he has a fourth MVP they still say the same line.

I really think they need to just a make a ton of generic lines such as

(Blank) is on a hot streak right now throwing (Blank) TDs over the past (Blank) weeks

This should be a great matchup between (Blank) who leads the league in recpetions vs. (Blank) who is leading vote getter as a CB in the Pro-Bowl

Of Course...As others have said it needs to be accurate. I dont want Simms saying how this should be a great match-up between a WR and CB when they both dont even start.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #7
Rookie

nolan887's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I say this every year when it comes to commentary. EA needs to get rid of specific lines about players, teams, coaches, etc. They sound nice in year one if you dont change rosters, but the problme is they are used even in year two, three, and beyond even if they aren't accurate anymore. For example they will say "out comes Tom Brady, NFL Record Holder with 50 TD's and a 3x MVP" which sounds great in 2012, but if someone breaks the record or he has a fourth MVP they still say the same line.

I really think they need to just a make a ton of generic lines such as

(Blank) is on a hot streak right now throwing (Blank) TDs over the past (Blank) weeks

This should be a great matchup between (Blank) who leads the league in recpetions vs. (Blank) who is leading vote getter as a CB in the Pro-Bowl

Of Course...As others have said it needs to be accurate. I dont want Simms saying how this should be a great match-up between a WR and CB when they both dont even start.
I agree with you 100%. I won the Super Bowl with the pats and the next season they say "here comes Tom Brady. 3 time Super Bowl winner". Kind of took me out of the game a little, no reference to anything that has happened in your ccm like Super Bowl, new coach, mvps, etc.

I also started a raiders ccm as a new coach and the first game I came out and they talked about how Dennis Allen was brought in to turn it all around... Who was the coach that I replaced.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #8
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

I really like the NFL Draft storylines with Trey Wingo--it's probably my favorite aspect of the "presentation."

Problem is, the storylines completely die after draft day.

In my opinion, the storylines need to be carried on throughout a player's career.

For example, I just drafted a TE who is slow as molassess and an average pass catcher, but a really, really good blocker. And Wingo talked about that on draft day.

During gameday--especially as a rookie, but certainly as he ages in the league--I'd like them to remind us about his storyline. If my TE makes a vicious block to help spring my RB down the sideline for a TD, instead of just telling me that the Browns are winning, tell me HOW and WHY the play succeeded by reminding us of the storyline for the tight end.

Simms: "Yeah Jim, they're now up by seven and it's all due to the tight end. He blocked his man at the point of attack, allowing the running back to bounce it outside for a touchdown. This guy fell in the draft because teams felt he was too slow and an average pass catcher, but clearly, they selected him because of his dominant blocking skills. Guess they made the right decision."

I think this would add to the element that the overall game/CCM is remembering players around the league, where they came from, and how they've progressed or regressed. I think, too, that you could maintain these storylines through Twitter, as well, which would be another way of keeping everything fresh.

I think between Twitter and the draft storylines, Madden has done a good job of making us care about our players. The problem, however, is that once they're drafted, it seems that the game itself no longer cares about them as much as we do, so this needs to be fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »