Home

Anybody else winning playoff games a little too easily?

This is a discussion on Anybody else winning playoff games a little too easily? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2013, 03:29 AM   #1
Rookie

steelsnarf's Arena

OVR: 1
Anybody else winning playoff games a little too easily?

I play on all madden custom sliders which I had to tweak slightly over the season in my CCM (raised CPU passing and blocking, lowered USER pass rush and interceptions). I'm playing as the Rams and we went from 4-5 to ending the season 10-6. My team went on a roll after week 10 but all of the victories were well deserved and hard fought for the most part, only beating one team by more than 14 points. Not once did it feel like I wasn't playing on all madden.

Then the playoffs came. We beat the 49ers 27-6 in the wild card, it wasn't even close we were up 21-0 after the first quarter so I kind of hit the brakes a bit but granted I could have scored a lot more than I did. Then we went to the top seeded Saints (who had the number 1 offense mind you) and just pretty much had control of the whole game winning 24-16. The AI made the most bonehead call I've ever seen by running the ball the last few seconds of the game down by 8.. you have to throw a freaking hail mary! Like I was just in utter shock it didn't even feel like I won the game. I go to Detroit next so should I expect the same cake walk that I've seen thus far?

Now granted this isn't my first CCM, and I've noticed I always have too easy a time in postseason. You'd think since I was playing such intense, hard fought games all regular season it would be even MORE difficult to win in the playoffs.. Like this Rams team was supposed to be an intricate rebuilding process and it's not really fun to me if I just go straight to the super bowl even if it is a "miracle run".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2013, 08:04 AM   #2
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Anybody else winning playoff games a little too easily?

Nope. In the past I'll be one and done in season one (if the team's a good team) season two I'll lose in the conference, season 3 I win the SB.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 01-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Not really, I mean, I lost in the Super Bowl 13-9 to the 49ers and they destroyed my QB.

To get there, I had to put together a game-tying drive to force OT and then win in OT after rallying from a 10-point deficit.

In the divisional round, had to play solid the whole game to advance. Team was hot going in, too, winning their last 5 regular season games, which was 7 games by the Super Bowl, and it was still a challenge.

It should be as "easy" or "difficult" as who you play and how your guys are that day. I don't want the AI to get super boosted just because it's playoffs. If they come in hot and my team is cold or the lack of consistency kills my guys, sure, but at least that's based on performance and DPP, not "oh, playoff game, so they all play like they have 99 attributes" just 'for the challenge'. It is still football.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:39 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Nope. I use Jarrod's Green Set and made it into the playoffs with OAK at 10-6--a record that could easily have been 8-8.

I played the divisional and conference rounds. In the former, I blew out the competition; in the latter, I got smacked and bounced from the hunt.

What's cool is that each game was unique. One game Palmer and McFadden got loose, but the next game, Palmer threw 4 INTs and McFadden got hurt. Very dynamic sequence, I think.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:58 PM   #5
Rookie

onac22's Arena

OVR: 5

Sometimes the cpu AI will put you to sleep then comeback either through the half. Or it will score a flurry at the end to comeback. I've had it happen several times.

My Rams rebuild was young and most key players drafted were in their first contracts. I was leading at the half 31-7 Brady took his sweet time and won the game it was horrible just couldn't get the young team back together.

Breez has also put a good comeback on me as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2013, 09:25 PM   #6
Rookie

kcchiefs1984's Arena

OVR: 1

I went into the playoffs cold losing 3 of the 4 final games and unfortunately got matched up against the Raiders. Throughout my madden career I have always had a tough time beating the Raiders. I lost both regular season games in overtime. I managed to beat them this time in another close game. Then went to the Pats, where I won the game in overtime despite 10 penalties, which is an insane amount of flags, considering I average between 2 - 5 a game. I then got completely crushed by the Ravens, which is the same thing that happened during the reg. season.
I have a good slider set for my skill level I guess, because most games are close, with a few games where I never had a chance and a few where the computer never really had a chance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »