Home

A Plea to Madden Developers for Next Gen (And Beyond)

This is a discussion on A Plea to Madden Developers for Next Gen (And Beyond) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2013, 09:04 AM   #49
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: A Plea to Madden Developers for Next Gen (And Beyond)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
I rest my case -- that's precisely my point.

Catching is more dynamic now.

Run and pass blocking are both better this gen. Even as bad as pass blocking is on these systems, line interaction is better now than the jarrgled mess it was last gen.

You're getting away from my point though: it's not to compare M13 to 05, but rather M06 to 05. THAT game was a shell of itself when it came to this gen. I don't think an argument has to be made.
These are only better versions of the same system tho. Go back and watch videos of Madden 06/07 on this gen and you will see the same jumbled mess on blocking we got on ps2, they just built off it slightly later on.

It needs to be blown up, imo. Engaged players should be programed to push lineman into qbs faces, the entire line should flow the direction of a run play, there should be cut back lanes, hell you should be able to actually read a block and not just hope the cpu is gonna decide to have a lineman release his defender when you get close.

I hate to say it but APF did this part amazingly. Run the ball in that game a few times and the come back and try madden. EA's version of lineplay is horrific when compared to that game much less real life and has been for a very lone time.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:54 PM   #50
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
These are only better versions of the same system tho. Go back and watch videos of Madden 06/07 on this gen and you will see the same jumbled mess on blocking we got on ps2, they just built off it slightly later on.

It needs to be blown up, imo. Engaged players should be programed to push lineman into qbs faces, the entire line should flow the direction of a run play, there should be cut back lanes, hell you should be able to actually read a block and not just hope the cpu is gonna decide to have a lineman release his defender when you get close.

I hate to say it but APF did this part amazingly. Run the ball in that game a few times and the come back and try madden. EA's version of lineplay is horrific when compared to that game much less real life and has been for a very lone time.
I agree KJ. I think that's the point BigFnDeal was making a few posts back in that elements of the game were likely rebuilt, but with similar logic to how it was last gen. That was a mistake.

I only threw those examples out there b/c I think that people get carried away with their disdain for Madden. Sure, to some degree, we're all disappointed with the state of NFL gaming. I get that. But suggesting that it's the exact same game from 10-12 years ago is a reach -- even for Madden's harshest critics.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:06 AM   #51
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
I agree KJ. I think that's the point BigFnDeal was making a few posts back in that elements of the game were likely rebuilt, but with similar logic to how it was last gen. That was a mistake.

I only threw those examples out there b/c I think that people get carried away with their disdain for Madden. Sure, to some degree, we're all disappointed with the state of NFL gaming. I get that. But suggesting that it's the exact same game from 10-12 years ago is a reach -- even for Madden's harshest critics.
I'm not suggesting it's the exact same game, I was more responding to the idea that some parts of this gen are salvagable. I'm not thrilled about having to start over with a base game again put that's the direction EA needs to go imo, at least on the field.

Everything is centered around a sim/arcade hybred style. Blocking, Passing a wr open, rbs on skates, everything. I can't go through another console generation of this garbage, I barely played this generation's game as it is. Blow this S*#@ up.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »