Home

Kicking on side

This is a discussion on Kicking on side within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Kicking on side

Are these glitches? Guy recovered three in a row in an online ranked game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #2
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Kicking on side

Yeah, it's a glitch.

Even offline, you can do it two, three times in a row and recover them.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 01-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #3
Rookie

Ok, thank you.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

yeah i think its a glitch people get annoying and your players just watch it. i hate it.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yea I don't know how to do it, and don't care to know, but the computer seems to get at least one a game against me when they are losing. It's incredibly frustrating, not because they recover the kick but because of the way they recover the kick. It always seems to bounce off of the hands of Welker, Edleman, Hernandez, etc. It's really dumb.
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2013, 04:43 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

It certainly seemed to be that onsides kicks were being recovered by the kicking team more often than they should but it seems like something has been adjusted to fix it. It used to be almost guaranteed that if the ball bounced off anybody on the receiving team then the kicking team would recover. It was almost as if the other 10 guys on the receiving team would all give up once one guy touched the ball. But I've noticed that more often the ball will hit a receiving team play and then be recovered by the receiving team.
Even more so I'm seeing less people in online play who only do onsides kicks which leads me to believe they are not working as often.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #7
Rookie

8mileroad's Arena

Obviously, onside kicks in Madden work nothing like how they do in real life. I'm not sure why EA hasn't paid more attention to a factor like this that can make or break a game. When the ball is kicked, all of the recovering players just try to run to the ball and pick it up on the run. I can't even understand how EA doesn't think that's incredibly stupid, and unlike even what a peewee team would do. The fact that you can't control the direction of your onside kick is dumb, as well, but not as dumb as how they're just kicked as line-drives to the front row rather than 1-2 small hops and a high bounce like how they are in real life. The kicker on my HS team does it 20x better than any kicker in Madden.

But to answer your question, if you kick it at about 40% (at the last possible second before the bar changes from green to yellow/orange/whatever) then it goes to one of the front line guys, either the 2nd or 3rd guy in, and he just stands in front of it and clumsily fails to pick it up probably 4/5 times. One guy kept doing it to me online once and it was the most satisfying games I've ever won, by a score of like 33-32.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:21 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

The best onside kick recovery I ever had was unintentional, it happened on a squib kick, somehow I kicked the central guy in the first line right into the helmet and it bounced right back into the hands of my kicker I laughed pretty hard on that one. Unfortunately (or rather, fortunately) I haven't managed to reproduce that quite like it, I usually manage to hit the guy but most often it bounces in a way so he can recover it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »