Home

How exactly do you increase your legacy as a COACH?

This is a discussion on How exactly do you increase your legacy as a COACH? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2013, 04:10 PM   #1
Rookie

Jim Jones's Arena

OVR: 5
How exactly do you increase your legacy as a COACH?

So I'm entering year 6 of my CCM as HC of the Redskins.

Career record: 55-25
Superbowl wins: 2
NFC Championship appearances: 3
Division Titles: 3
Playoff record: 8-2
Coach of the Year: 2

Yet my legacy score is only 520. Maybe I'm crazy, but that resume alone should garner Hall of Fame consideration. If nothing else, I should at least be higher up on the legacy ranking by now. Maybe I'm being impatient, but I see a lot of created coaches who are either near me or even past me in legacy. Hell, one guy who took over the Saints after the first season has a 600 something score with no Superbowl wins. I feel like I'm missing a step in the way I need to be increasing my legacy score.

Any tips?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2013, 04:35 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How exactly do you increase your legacy as a COACH?

What difficulty? I think you may get fewer legacy points if you are playing on easier difficulty settings. On all-pro Online CCM I'm over 3k in legacy after two seasons. Of the 20 or so created coaches all are above the 500 or so you are at, some without any playoff wins or appearances. Also have you simmed games or been on auto-pilot at all?
Old 01-03-2013, 05:49 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

I've noticed that, too. My guy hasn't done anything close to yours, but Brian Billick came out of retirement and took the Cardinals. He already has 10 legacy. Made the Super Bowl last year and record in first two years is 20-12 (7-3 in current year for 27-15 total). Had a lot of Pro Bowlers last year. My coach has 37 legacy.

I'm playing on All-Madden difficulty as set in the League Settings.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:13 PM   #4
Rookie

Jim Jones's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerat
What difficulty? I think you may get fewer legacy points if you are playing on easier difficulty settings. On all-pro Online CCM I'm over 3k in legacy after two seasons. Of the 20 or so created coaches all are above the 500 or so you are at, some without any playoff wins or appearances. Also have you simmed games or been on auto-pilot at all?
I'lll have to check when I get home..I know i'm using custom sliders, but i'm not sure about the setting.

I play every game, but what I do is play every offensive play and supersim the defense. Helps me get through seasons faster. Could that have any effect? Can't imagine why it would.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:07 AM   #5
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerat
Wow I just assumed it was impossible to raise the legacy score in M13. You are definitely the first person I've heard say they have it working.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2013, 02:07 AM   #6
Rookie

Calipup's Arena

OVR: 12

Yeah I think the system is broken in some way. My coach as well has two Super Bowl wins, plenty of Pro Bowlers, COTY etc. Yet his legacy is still below mediocre coaches that have done nothing in their careers. I have simmed some weeks, but that doesn't seem like it should do all that much.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #7
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

From my understanding of it, its all based from weekly/season goals - with weekly goals holding a higher regard. I've seen users with a 1200 legacy score after one year.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #8
Banned

Drtro's Arena

OVR: 6

I remember in my Rams CCM, Jenoris Jenkins had 6 interceptions that season and his legacy score was only 37 despite leading the team and winning DROY. Buc's Marc Barron only had 40-some tackles and 1 interception yet had a 117 legacy score.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »