Home

Running with an Elusive/Speed back

This is a discussion on Running with an Elusive/Speed back within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Running with an Elusive/Speed back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bccards13
See I've never had a spin move work for me in the open field. I would assume I'm not getting the right timing but I've tried several times and it never seems to work. I spin out and either get tackled anyway or avoid one tackle but then a player behind me catches up and cuts the run short anyway or something similar to that.
When I get it to work in the open field, I watch the replay to try to see what my timing was. The last time I got it work, the defender was starting to go into his tackling animation.

When the CPU does this stuff to me, that's also when they tend to pull it off. I hit square, CPU "hits" circle. Gotta love input reading.

I think position matters, too. On that spin success above, I was heading upfield on the inside of the defender and the spin took the HB outside and that caused the DB to stumble.

Juking is what's really different for me than M12. Jukes were how I made "cuts" in M12, both into and through holes. This year, it seems really different. Maybe I need I need a One-Cut type back. I've read they get a different type of juke.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #18
Rookie

kcchiefs1984's Arena

OVR: 1

I like to use the spin if I run into the backs of my defenders or into a scrum. A well timed spin with the left stick in the right direction seems to almost give the ball carrier a momentum boost upfield.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:20 PM   #19
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Definitely like to use the spin move more often than the juke even though like bccards said you should hold back on both. The hard juke really slows your guy down and unless its the perfect situation itll get you into trouble, elite backs excluded. The spin works great for me as a to play off of single defenders without slowing me down too much. Sometimes even when a defender makes contact with your spin it turns into spin break tackle. In the open field you can run right at the defender and spin upward to the right or left before they get within 5 yards (with agile/quick players of course) and itll have an effect on the defender. You just cant let them get too close.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »