Home

Old 01-08-2013, 09:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Pro Bowl

How do you get the Oline to the Pro Bowl like theres obviously specific stats that you must need to get them them but I don't know them I've never got anyone on the list... Anyone know.?

Actually a list of every posistion and stat required to make the Pro Bowl with players in Offline CCM would be great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2013, 11:21 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Pro Bowl

Anyone Know...?
Old 01-09-2013, 09:31 AM   #3
Rookie

preaceps's Arena

OVR: 6

I think it actually is based on some snaps vs total sacks given up. This is just a guess from what I remember, but I say this because I know that there have been times when some guy has like 20 pancakes and like 10 sacks and he isn't in the probowl.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #4
Banned

Drtro's Arena

I always thought it was based on Ovr rating. In Madden 12 when we had Jhari Evans and Carl Nicks, they'd always make the pro bowl despite going up so many sacks due to the over-powered DT.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:55 PM   #5
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtro
I always thought it was based on Ovr rating. In Madden 12 when we had Jhari Evans and Carl Nicks, they'd always make the pro bowl despite going up so many sacks due to the over-powered DT.
OLinemen making Pro Bowls on name alone?

And people say Madden isn't realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
OLinemen making Pro Bowls on name alone?

And people say Madden isn't realistic.
Lol isnt that the truth?? Andrew Whitworth is a top LT in the league and never makes the pro bowl. This is part biased but even ESPN says the same thing.

To the OP, I've always thought it was based on number of pancakes as well as rushing/passing yards (which one depends on their season goals). This is just my belief but I think that's how it comes out. Pancakes + goals met + actual yardage above the goals.

I would love for someone to do the research on each position though. I'm personally too lazy and impatient to try it lol.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #7
Rookie

Thanks, well that gives me somethings to focus on... I can say for sure that DE is soley based on sacks. I think QB is based on yards cause I have throw quite a few Ints and made the Pro Bowl every year. I'm not sure about CBs I led the league in Ints with a CB and didn't get in. Also same with RB and yards. It seems a bit broken to me.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #8
Rookie

Muteki's Arena

My observations:
TD's are important for offensive players. I've had a TE with almost 1,000 yards not make the pro bowl because I target my 2nd TE near the goalline. 2nd TE made the pro bowl with 17 TDs and less than 300 yards.

Oline seems like overall plays largely into their voting.

I think all of the DLine is based on sacks and forced fumbles.

LB seem to be a combination of tackles+FF+INT+Sacks. I'm not sure which weigh in the most because I rarely get picks with my linebackers. I know FF are much, much more valuable than sacks though.

Along with interceptions, sacks seem to help the secondary make the pro bowl.

I might be wrong, but it seems punting is favored heavily on the IN20/TB ratio. I've had punters make the pro bowl with terrible net average but good inside the 20/touchback ratio

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »