Home

Pro-tak vs Infinity Engine

This is a discussion on Pro-tak vs Infinity Engine within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2013, 03:26 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Pro-tak vs Infinity Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
Ohhh, wait this is a football game??? Now it all makes sense. I was wondering why EA was competing with itself for the best hockey game!! They should rename this game Field Hockey 13 to kill the confusion!
Well from what I heard, Hockey has foot planting, how ironic is that?

Its like they got the 2 mixed up or something, another issue that bothers me sorely is "players not looking will be able to see or catch the ball" feature not even coming close to as advertised.

I have seen countless games where these plays have un timed quick passes that the wr would know is coming without looking for the ball until its almost at his chest.

The zig zag running being eliminated would keep the defense/offense honest to say the least. I see a lot of people usering deep safeties with no consequence at all with their movements when making a play on the ball. No safety on the face of this earth can run up to the LOS, get caught their with a PA pass and make it back so fast that he makes a play on a deep bomb over the middle of the field when just 1sec ago he was running full sprint ahead to the LOS.

This is the most disgusting aspect of this game and I cant really tolerate it any longer, come next month I will officially be done with this version until I hear more promising news on the next version of the game. After a few months people have figured out how to re-program this game to do things it wasnt supposed to have been doing in the first place....

No 2 plays alike!- Not true, I just sat here today and played a guy who ran the same pass play the entire game, what made it so bad was that he threw it to the man being covered and would catch it everytime, he went 25/25 passing.

Pass Trajectories? I dont think so, I have seen some amazing stuff with this game and engine, but seeing players still SUPER LEAP for INTs and tackles is a turn off, I even had people go as far as taking NTs off the LOS and play safety with them just as graceful and athletically as a real safety would do. On top of that keep up with slot WRs and RBs with no problem and the Dline doing more damage than it should missing a piece of its interior.

I just dont get my rocks off playing to the beat of the same ole stuff anymore, its been going on far too long and it really needs to change, I just dont have that love for the game anymore like I have in the past. Its just not fun seeing people bore you with doing the same crap over and over again when it was advertised that this wouldnt be an issue anymore!
Old 01-17-2013, 08:18 PM   #10
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12

This is Their First year using a Physics engine

But if they don't connect it with ALL INTERACTIONS ..... I'm talking Player/Player, Player/Field, Player/Ref, Player/Ball, Ball/Field, etc......

The only thing I liked about Pro-Tak was the ability to break out of tackles while still in the animation

But If they don't improve the Interactions between EVERYTHING on the field then WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....... Madden 14 MIGHT(Doubt it tho) be my last

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown
Old 01-17-2013, 09:58 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 4

Pro Tak may have looked better in certain ways (no limbs loosely flying, awkward tackles) but it definitely didn't feel better. At least contact matters now. Before IE, you could run into a player and it'd act like he never was there. This is tackle football, and for years Madden ignored the most important aspect of the sport...CONTACT! There is no way I can go back to Pro Tak or anything else. It may not always look pretty right now, but at least me and the cpu's efforts to bring down a player count now. You gotta look at the big picture.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2013, 11:48 PM   #12
Rookie

8mileroad's Arena

OVR: 3

Be careful what you wish for. I know how you all love to bash any and every feature currently in Madden and say that you prefer the past, but you'll be the first people next year bashing Pro Tak 3.0 (God forbid) and wishing Infinity Engine was back.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:56 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi XIII
Pro Tak may have looked better in certain ways (no limbs loosely flying, awkward tackles) but it definitely didn't feel better. At least contact matters now. Before IE, you could run into a player and it'd act like he never was there. This is tackle football, and for years Madden ignored the most important aspect of the sport...CONTACT! There is no way I can go back to Pro Tak or anything else. It may not always look pretty right now, but at least me and the cpu's efforts to bring down a player count now. You gotta look at the big picture.
Sure - but it still doesn't consider the fact that it's Wilfork running into a 170 lb HB with the way the HB can just throw him off. I'd like to see that contact in real life.

What I want from pro-tak is the ability to purposely work through contact. The other things I'd like to see go beyond better hitboxes into a true physics engine.

Collisions are a big part of football, of course, and of physics, but not everything and not as simple as Madden has always made it regardless of the overall engine.

The focus on contact also ignores the AFTER contact, i.e. engagements, constant "skirmishes" etc. To me, that is the big picture. As is momentum, weight, weight shifts, etc. That's just the physical part of the picture even then.

And the whole picture always starts with the line play - the last thing that seems to want to be touched...but one of the biggest places true physics/weight/power/leverage/acceleration come into play.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:44 AM   #14
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Where I am afraid and wouldn't be surprised of, is if IE, like Pro-Tak, doesn't get fleshed out. It seems reasonable that for M14 the IE should take a big step forward with way more added animations to augment, including but not limited to wide spread player interactions. However, with next-gen Madden's track record of needing some new marquee to market the game every year, I wonder how much of a backseat will advancing IE take for M14. Not to mention the same thing happened with DPP, only getting moderate adjustment for M13, after being the marquee for M12.

I am interested in the hype train for M14 so I can see just how much history once again repeats itself with this game.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:04 AM   #15
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

OVR: 0
Cool Re: Pro-tak vs Infinity Engine

Infinity Engine has many issues.
Pro Tak had many issues.
If they build onto IE and fix the momentum issue, zig zag running/ice skating better than NHL, and allow us to branch off to different animations, that would be awesome!

At this point, thats a BIG IF!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2013, 01:14 AM   #16
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I compare NCAA 13 (most recent ProTak based game) to Madden 13 (first Infinity Engine based game) and to me it's a no-contest. I haven't touched NCAA since Madden was released, and the on-field gameplay is the biggest reason why.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »