Home

Do you have more or less hope for Madden 14 than you did before Madden 13?

This is a discussion on Do you have more or less hope for Madden 14 than you did before Madden 13? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Do you have more or less hope for Madden 14 than you did before Madden 13?

After seeing what they did with Progression using stats and XP, I have far less hope for 14 than I did with 13. 13 was enough of a disappointment that I didn't purchase it and I don't see them reversing the XP progression system for 14. Sadly, I think that is staying for a while. I have less hope for 14. Just can't see 14 going down a road of "realism" with such an unrealistic progression system.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #10
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtro
Each and every year sports gaming forums bash and rant on Madden and give hopes and praises on the next year. Then next year's game arrives and the cycle begins again.

Why should it be any different? I hope we don't get anything new before fixing what we have. Your mad because there's no GTA mode in Superstar? Boo hoo. Keep dreaming Alice.
I agree, Madden 14 should be focused on refining the Infinity Engine, fixing the o/d-line interaction, as well as finally fixing player movement.

Fixing those 3 things would do wonders for Madden IMO
Old 01-22-2013, 01:39 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

less. if what i have heard is any indication it seems like they continue to do what they are doing... (add one or two gimmicks or bring back some stuff they took out years ago)...LOL
they are really pathetic
have u heard anything about them rewriting whole engine or fixing fundamental flaws. i am just wishing other competent company jump into football market
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I agree, Madden 14 should be focused on refining the Infinity Engine, fixing the o/d-line interaction, as well as finally fixing player movement.

Those 3 things are very important. Maybe the o/d-line interaction would fix the wonky LE/RE problems. I agree with these. But being an offline franchise guy, I really wish they would put more realism into the franchise part of Madden.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:46 PM   #13
Banned

Drtro's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82

I'd love for CCM to be functional.

The simulation engine is horrible. Each game has about 3 special teams TDs and 100 plays per team.

Then the coach firing. You shouldn't be fired for failing to reach a goal. Then forcing to retire? If Madden were to run the NFL, Shanahan, Coughlin, and Reid would be coaching little league.

And schemes make no sense. I've seen the CPU release great players because of scheme mismatch. I don't care if Harry Styles coaches New England, he wouldn't cut Tom Brady because he doesn't wear skinny jeans.

Everything CPU related is horrible. Resign logic, trade logic, even drafting logic needs help. Instead of drafting a QB, I saw Jacksonville draft a HB #1 overall just because he was the highest rated player who fit their scheme. They had a 86ovr rookie playing backup? Then teams who have 3 QBs who could start for any team. Trading 34 year old Linemen for 2-3 round picks because they have a high overall? Lol.

CCM needs a lot of work. I could care less about fantasy draft or create-a-team or whatever people cry about. It's not playable regardless.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #14
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

After reading Adembroski's account of how things happen at Tiburon I am almost reserved to not getting Madden 14 this year.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #15
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtro
Implying they could do that in one year. It took them 3 years (correct me if I'm wrong) to create the CCM we have now.
If I recall correctly, CCM was a two-year endeavor, but your point nevertheless is not lost.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #16
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Yeaaaah.... my hope died in a bucket, cold and alone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »