Home

Do you have more or less hope for Madden 14 than you did before Madden 13?

This is a discussion on Do you have more or less hope for Madden 14 than you did before Madden 13? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #25
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Do you have more or less hope for Madden 14 than you did before Madden 13?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heime2003
2kfootball team was disbanded already. while i was hoping they regroup together again i suspect they will be same people who were responsible for nfl2k5
It doesn't matter who makes it. The bottom line is EA just needs some competition. I'm confident some other company could do better if given the chance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2013, 05:10 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I enjoy Madden 13, but there's just so many bugs that leave me scratching my head.

I'm sure Madden 14 will be more of the same.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #27
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

I feel like even with 'good guys' working there I still come back to the mantra of - "Good intentions only get you so far before people start demanding results".

We are getting to the point now where the console change will be occurring. If you base this off of the past pattern of development quality - Madden 13 will be the peak of the 360/PS3 generation of Madden much like Madden 2005 was.

At this point I feel like the hype machine has died at OS slowly since Madden 11. Maybe people are starting to curb their enthusiasm a little bit?
Old 01-22-2013, 06:34 PM   #28
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

I have less hope and far less interest. When the game released it had core features that were broken and known to be broken when they shipped. It took some time for those to be fixed and that erased any benefit of the doubt I will give them in the future.

I know one thing for 14. I don't care how many people post pre-release about features or what color their user name is. I won't believe anything that is said until the game is out.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:34 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Just can't see 14 going down a road of "realism" with such an unrealistic progression system.
The previous system was just as unrealistic, and barring a completely randomized system of trending progression that takes into account a lot more variables than ever before, it will never be realistic.

That being said, using one single point as evidence for what the future holds is a poor argument.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #30
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6

NO hope remains for me at this time; regardless of what information comes out, I will not purchase Madden 14 unless people here confirm that main issues have been addressed appropriately, such as and not limited to:

~Suction blocking removed
~Zone assignment and responsibility
~offensive line blocking assignment and responsibility
~defensive line pass and run attack assignment and responsibility
~Linebacker's super leaping ability addressed
~Custom playbooks allowed across the board
~Ability to assign defenders on specific offensive opponents
~Correct Uniforms
~Overhaul of the slider system with accompanying detail list of how it affects all aspects of the players and game.
~Physics and Attribute run system
ETC ETC....
Old 01-22-2013, 07:56 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftershock9958
The previous system was just as unrealistic, and barring a completely randomized system of trending progression that takes into account a lot more variables than ever before, it will never be realistic.

That being said, using one single point as evidence for what the future holds is a poor argument.
I've been following threads closely since release. I don't feel like listing EVERYTHING. 5 patches coming all the way till around Christmas? And things still aren't what they should be? My opinion isn't based on just progression.

And the previous progression system (Madden 12) was incredibly poorly implemented, but it had potential to be realistic if it was greatly expanded. Stats based progression completely opposite of realistic so it has no chance of being based on realism.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #32
Rookie

GT39's Arena

OVR: 11

Not too excited about Madden 14, don't get me wrong come August I'll be there to buy it but I can see no improvements and just new rosters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »