Home

QB boost package

This is a discussion on QB boost package within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2013, 12:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
QB boost package

Do you guys reccomend spending the 20K+ coach points on the boost package?
I have Tebow in my CCM& hes a "normal" development so if it's worthwhile i will buy it.
Also, is the boosted QB xp a 1 time buy, permenant? Meaning, if i buy it in week 17 in season 1, will the boost carry over to season 2,3, etc...

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2013, 05:30 AM   #2
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dijourno18
Do you guys reccomend spending the 20K+ coach points on the boost package?
I have Tebow in my CCM& hes a "normal" development so if it's worthwhile i will buy it.
Also, is the boosted QB xp a 1 time buy, permenant? Meaning, if i buy it in week 17 in season 1, will the boost carry over to season 2,3, etc...

Thanks!

The answer to both questions would be yes. After buying the QB Boost I was able to get Matt Ryan to a 97 overall and buy him superstar development (he starts with normal dev) in 2 seasons. It also seems to be good when you have a back up QB riding the bench that you want to develop. So I personally would say it's worth it.

When you buy any of the coach packages you keep them permanently. The only time you lose the boost packages is if you retire or switch characters (I think you keep them if you get fired).

Old 02-01-2013, 06:48 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: QB boost package

Thank you, right on point!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:25 AM   #4
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampking101
The only time you lose the boost packages is if you retire or switch characters (I think you keep them if you get fired).
Actually, I believe the coach keeps them period, even if you swap coaches. I "retire" all the time to correct signings, make the CPU act more appropriately etc . and I seem to keep all the packages.

I also buy some of the CPU coaches packages when it makes sense (Jim Harbaugh QB anyone?).
Old 02-04-2013, 03:04 AM   #5
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandetta
Actually, I believe the coach keeps them period, even if you swap coaches. I "retire" all the time to correct signings, make the CPU act more appropriately etc . and I seem to keep all the packages.

I also buy some of the CPU coaches packages when it makes sense (Jim Harbaugh QB anyone?).

If you are playing with a created coach and retire to create another coach, you lose your packages.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2013, 03:21 AM   #6
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampking101
If you are playing with a created coach and retire to create another coach, you lose your packages.

Sure that's true, but I don't bother creating coaches since using one removes the ability to attain any season goals for OLB's.

And for any other coach they are retained even when you swap around.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:52 AM   #7
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandetta
Sure that's true, but I don't bother creating coaches since using one removes the ability to attain any season goals for OLB's.

And for any other coach they are retained even when you swap around.

I prefer to do the whole new coach pulled from college to take over a team. I don't mind the lack of season goals on the olbs just because the XP system is a little glitched in my opinion with being able to raise your players to easily and so I like having the little bit of a challenge.

But I get where your coming from. I was just making it known just in case anyone is using a created coach.

Old 02-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #8
Pro

pacman5769's Arena

OVR: 2

OK I lost Brady to retirement..so I saved up my coaching XP this season ( took till week 12 to save 31k) and bought the QB XP boost package to develop Mallett ..not sure it was worth it for my online league which has maybe 2 seasons left to play...heres an example of this weeks XP points for Goals achieved...I have Derek Anderson backing up Mallett
Mallett
21 completions= 500 XP
250 yds passing= 625 XP
3 Td Passes= 750 XP

so lets do some numbers..
with doing the practice that gives player 1500XP every week x 17 weeks = 25,500.
If I meet every goal (1875XP) 30,000
So that gives me 55,500 XP
I can get him to the next level of deveopment which costs 50K and that goes from normal to quick.
I have spent most of his XP before this to boost his awr which I believe was in 30's when I started have him to 60 now...
I guess what I'm saying if you have 3-4 seasons to play and develop then yes it's worth it...but if not in online leagues I wouldnt do it again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »