Home

CB XP Allocation

This is a discussion on CB XP Allocation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: CB XP Allocation

Yeah you're probably right but I think the cost may outweigh the benefit. It would probably depend on how often you press.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:31 AM   #18
Rookie

vicaddict's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
True. But it depends on the type of defense you call. I do run a lot of cover 2 so I try to boost my CBs tackling ability, but if yours mostly is in man or covers a deep third I don't think it is that important. That is until you go up against an elite WR and they turn a 8 yard curl into a 45 yard TD cause your CB missed the tackle

My biggest question when it comes to defensive players is when it comes to awareness and play recognition. Which should I focus in? EA is never clear on that. What determines a CB's ability to locate the ball while in coverage?
I, rather the gameplan, do use a lot of cover 2, so I rely on tackling a lot.

When it comes to PRC and AWR I noticed that it is PRC that matters for defenders. It seems the higher the PRC the better they recognize run or pass and can identify routes.

AWR seems to matter for the offense, only. Linemen recognize the pass rusher, the QB is aware of blitzes and receivers behave better in traffic, I think.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:45 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicaddict
I, rather the gameplan, do use a lot of cover 2, so I rely on tackling a lot.

When it comes to PRC and AWR I noticed that it is PRC that matters for defenders. It seems the higher the PRC the better they recognize run or pass and can identify routes.

AWR seems to matter for the offense, only. Linemen recognize the pass rusher, the QB is aware of blitzes and receivers behave better in traffic, I think.
How fast are your safeties (spd, acc, agil)? and what are their zone / play recognition / awareness?

I only ask because usually when I run cover 2, I get torched by streaks to the side-lines, but it may just be because my safeties aren't good or fast enough.

My safeties are:

Troy Polamalu (97 ovr)
91 spd, 92 acc, 93 agil, 89 zone, 95 playrecog, 92 awr

Kerry Rhodes (88 ovr)
84 spd, 87 acc, 85 agil, 90 zone, 87 playrecog, 91 awr

I know Rhodes is a bit slow, but he's got great awareness/zone/playrecog.

Either way, even troy gets torches in the cover 2.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #20
Rookie

vicaddict's Arena

Not sure about all of the ratings, as I am not at home right now, but I use T.J. Ward and J. Jarrett as starters. Wards AWR & PRC is in the 70s, I believe and Jarretts in the 50s. My backups, W. Guy and L. Asante are worse than that, but I am in my first season, so I don't have much of a choice. I do get beaten by deep throws every now and then, but most of the time it is Jarrett and Joe Haden, who get burned. I blame it on Haden's aggr. balhawking and low consistency.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicaddict
Not sure about all of the ratings, as I am not at home right now, but I use T.J. Ward and J. Jarrett as starters. Wards AWR & PRC is in the 70s, I believe and Jarretts in the 50s. My backups, W. Guy and L. Asante are worse than that, but I am in my first season, so I don't have much of a choice. I do get beaten by deep throws every now and then, but most of the time it is Jarrett and Joe Haden, who get burned. I blame it on Haden's aggr. balhawking and low consistency.
but in a cover 2, the CB's job is usually to press the WR, and trail him a bit (unless someone goes into the flats) but not to cover him deep. That's up to the safety.

If I notice someone playing a lot of cover 2, I'll send both WR's on a streak and streak the TE... Usually at least one will be wide-open.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #22
Rookie

vicaddict's Arena

I'll have to take a look, if it is really Haden or one of the safeties, who is responsible for it. Usually I don't pay much attention. I am far to busy punching a pillow
Old 01-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Well if anyone plays a lot of vanilla cover 2 and makes no attempt to hide it then it is easy to beat regardless of personnel.

Sean for you always getting beat on Cover 2 it may be the streak they throw to but it is probably another route that is freeing up the sideline streak by occupying the safety's attention. Cover 2 is definitely situational and only good when mixed in with other looks.

One thing I do occasionally is call cover 2 from nickel and hot route my NB to cover the likely third streak. Then user a LB and manually cover a wider zone. Or call cover 2, coverage shift to the right, hot route weakside CB to a deep zone, do the same for the FS. Now I have a Cover 2 look but I drop back into a rolled cover 3.

@Vicaddict -- Just for clarification, me and sean are talking about Cover 2 zone. Is it possible you are speaking of 2 Man under?

Last edited by ggsimmonds; 01-24-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:48 PM   #24
Rookie

vicaddict's Arena

My mistake. I was indeed talking about 2 man under.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »