Home

Pistol Offense

This is a discussion on Pistol Offense within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2013, 10:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Pistol Offense

Hi I'm fairly new here but I wanted to ask you guys about the pistol offense in madden. I want my team to run this type of offense in CCM. Which playbook would you say is the best for this? I was leaning towards the Panthers playbook but wanted to get your opinions. Also as far as the scheme goes... what would be the best scheme and player personnel to run the pistol? Ex.: Speedy receivers? Zone blocking OL?

Thanks in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2013, 11:05 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Pistol Offense

Coming straight from NCAA to this and being a Nebraska boy, I run the option offense in madden in an online ccm I am in. I use the panthers playbook as the Broncos, and currently role with RG3, 2 speedy running backs, and 2 good blocking wide receivers. You have to make sure you have a good 3rd running back as well though for when one of the other 2 are tired. I am not aware if there are any other playbooks that feature the pistol formation?
Old 01-24-2013, 11:08 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by niles08
Coming straight from NCAA to this and being a Nebraska boy, I run the option offense in madden in an online ccm I am in. I use the panthers playbook as the Broncos, and currently role with RG3, 2 speedy running backs, and 2 good blocking wide receivers. You have to make sure you have a good 3rd running back as well though for when one of the other 2 are tired. I am not aware if there are any other playbooks that feature the pistol formation?
Well I think the Bills have a pistol formation in theirs, but thanks yeah that makes sense to have that type of RB's and WRs. What about your offensive line?
Old 01-24-2013, 11:17 AM   #4
Rookie

I try to draft/sign free agents based on run blocking and impact blocking more than pass blocking since I don't pass more than 10-15 times a game in a normal setting.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:48 AM   #5
Rookie

preaceps's Arena

OVR: 6

I think there was a thread about this type of thing before. If I remember right people liked Bills/Panthers for pistol but Washington has it with more designed QB option plays. I don't run offense this so I can not say for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2013, 01:09 PM   #6
Rookie

bdeezy89's Arena

Panthers Playbook. I'm running this offense to perfection in CCM with the 9ers. We're 8-1 so far
Old 01-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #7
Rookie

As I played in a team running the option from a flexbone formation I'd like to play it in madden too.. CCM (Browns) with Tebow, Ingram and Ivory.

What I couldn't figure out yet:
How to I GIVE actually the ball to the RB? Tebow keeps it regardless if the end attacks the QB or not..

best regards from Austria (yeah, we play football too in Europe )
Old 01-25-2013, 04:21 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bberger
As I played in a team running the option from a flexbone formation I'd like to play it in madden too.. CCM (Browns) with Tebow, Ingram and Ivory.

What I couldn't figure out yet:
How to I GIVE actually the ball to the RB? Tebow keeps it regardless if the end attacks the QB or not..

best regards from Austria (yeah, we play football too in Europe )
On PS3 after you hike it you have to push X to hand it off. If you dont push X the QB keeps it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »