Home

cpu fumbles

This is a discussion on cpu fumbles within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2013, 12:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
cpu fumbles

I do not see this subject in this forum, so will continue to post.

I see the AI team fumble at least 4-5 times every game. I have set the slider for fumbles to 1, and it seems to have made no difference.

I am in Career Coach, 49ers, using the latest roster from october or so I think it was. It does have Kaep as starting QB so its fairly recent anyway. Played at Pro for a while, but have upped to All Pro. The AI is plaing much better now at all pro, but fumbles have not changed.

Is there anything more I can do to minimize this, or is it just one of those glitches that they didn't fix, and may never fix? they do fix some things, but other bugs I have observed for years that have never been addressed.

Anyway, any ideas why this is happening so much, or if I can do anything else besides setting the slider down to 1. Maybe I should try 0 but have a feeling it would make little if any difference. Since its the same whether its at 40, 20, 15, 1

Thanks for any help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2013, 12:49 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: cpu fumbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeefeholmes

I see the AI team fumble at least 4-5 times every game. I have set the slider for fumbles to 1, and it seems to have made no difference.

I am in Career Coach, 49ers, using the latest roster from october or so I think it was. It does have Kaep as starting QB so its fairly recent anyway. Played at Pro for a while, but have upped to All Pro. The AI is plaing much better now at all pro, but fumbles have not changed.

Is there anything more I can do to minimize this, or is it just one of those glitches that they didn't fix, and may never fix? they do fix some things, but other bugs I have observed for years that have never been addressed.

Anyway, any ideas why this is happening so much, or if I can do anything else besides setting the slider down to 1. Maybe I should try 0 but have a feeling it would make little if any difference. Since its the same whether its at 40, 20, 15, 1

Thanks for any help.
A higher cpu fumble slider will make the fumble less. Also what is your tackle slider at a high tackle slider with a low fumble slider will cause lots of fumbles
Old 01-24-2013, 01:06 PM   #3
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

Thanks for any help.
You are going the wrong way with the slider, the lower it is the more they fumble. Especially if its much lower than tackling. Raise Fumble to be great than or equal to the Human tackle. Same for your fumble and the CPU tackle.

I have an all-pro slider set i'm working on that I'd like you to try out if you want to see the game play differently and smarter.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=599214

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 01-24-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
You are going the wrong way with the slider, the lower it is the more they fumble. Especially if its much lower than tackling. Raise Fumble to be great than or equal to the Human tackle. Same for your fumble and the CPU tackle.
Whoa. So I have been bass ackwards with this? Yes I have cpu fumbles at 0 and SF tackling at 45. I wondered if tackling had something to do with it since they are known as one of the more solid tackling teams.

So the higher sliders are, the better cpu or sf will be? If I wanted for example SF to rarely intercept, would lower or higher slider for INT be in order. I am confused now.
==========
I don't know what the heck happened now. But I just completed a league game, offline, and now my sliders for SF are all at 50, though I have adjusted all of them, BUT the CPU sliders are still where I adjusted them. It says Generic Sliders at the top. What in the world caused this?

I also find I can never change the 'scheme' of my team. It is at power run, I change it to Balanced, or West Coast, save both the profile and the career, but it ALWAYS goes back to Power Run.

Thanks for the advice.

Oh and yes, I would really like to see your sliders. I am a bit confused about them now it seems. Esp Ints, given that fumbles need to be higher to have fewer, does that also apply for Ints. Duh. Not getting it. :-)

Last edited by jkeefeholmes; 01-24-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickDL
A higher cpu fumble slider will make the fumble less. Also what is your tackle slider at a high tackle slider with a low fumble slider will cause lots of fumbles
I didn't notice this reply at first. thanks for the input. Trying to sort it all out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2013, 01:30 PM   #6
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Whoa. So I have been bass ackwards with this? Yes I have cpu fumbles at 0 and SF tackling at 45. I wondered if tackling had something to do with it since they are known as one of the more solid tackling teams.

So the higher sliders are, the better cpu or sf will be? If I wanted for example SF to rarely intercept, would lower or higher slider for INT be in order. I am confused now.
==========
I don't know what the heck happened now. But I just completed a league game, offline, and now my sliders for SF are all at 50, though I have adjusted all of them, BUT the CPU sliders are still where I adjusted them. It says Generic Sliders at the top. What in the world caused this?

I also find I can never change the 'scheme' of my team. It is at power run, I change it to Balanced, or West Coast, save both the profile and the career, but it ALWAYS goes back to Power Run.

Thanks for the advice.

Oh and yes, I would really like to see your sliders. I am a bit confused about them now it seems. Esp Ints, given that fumbles need to be higher to have fewer, does that also apply for Ints. Duh. Not getting it. :-)
They are a frustrating thing haha. Put fumble at 50 and you'll see a huge difference.

It always says Generic Sliders on top, thats just a menu thing.

If you go back and look at the scheme menu it reverts back. I believe if you change it and dont go back into the menu it stays set, you can double check this by looking at your coach and it will say what scheme he is. I can't remember 100% but I know I read that someone posted that.

Fumbles and INTs don't mean what Madden says in black and white terms. That if you put INTs high you are guaranteed to get more INTs. It changes how the players think about INTs if thats a way to put it. The Fumble slider changes the way the RBs think about fumbling, which in turn may cause more or less fumbles. So when its low they know their chance of fumbling is higher, so they run scared and STILL fumble. When its higher they aren't worried about fumbling because they are an NFL RB who has been coached to hold on to the ball so they run aggressive and STILL fumble. Same for INTs, they may go for it more or less times but they won't necessarily catch it more or less.

CHeck the slider thread. Lots of good stuff. I was in your boat not too long ago. Happy madden!
Old 01-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I've been playing default All-Pro (all sliders at 50) with the Niners and force at least three fumbles a game. It's about to kill the game for me.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:31 PM   #8
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

As far as the "schemes" thing goes. It defaults to something everything you go into it (for me it is "west coast") so I have to make sure if I make any changes I change that to "power run" before I save any changes...if that makes sense...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »