Home

(CCM) What do you do to stay Interested

This is a discussion on (CCM) What do you do to stay Interested within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #9
Rookie

The ArkanSaw's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: (CCM) What do you do to stay Interested

One thing i do is edit a rookie into the type of player i want him to be, then play with the team he is on.

I changed Kirk Cousins to an 84 Ovr and made a 6'4 Randy Moss clone out of Stephen Hill from the Jets and made him an 86 Ovr. (Dont go over 85-86)

Then you can change their names and what not and start a dynasty with 1 or 2 cornerstones for the future.

For example on NCAA i made a Top recruit called Moe Peters and he was a big physical play making CB that was 6'3. I never could get him to come to Arkansas but was fun trying to bid for him.

91 Speed
75 Str
87 Catch
99 agility
96 ACC
91 Man Coverage
97 Zone Coverage
96 Press
98 Jump
80 Tackle
85 Hit Power

Things like this keeps me interested. The only thing is that you don't want to create more than 1 or 2 rookies because then you will have an elite team and would not need to draft well to improve.

Then you can create a coach and implement a certain scheme and try to actually build a dominant offense or defense from that scheme.

For example i changed Kirk Cousins into Ken Goodrich (Have to have a catchy QB name) and Stephen Hill into Ray Perry (same for wideouts) and i made a vertical passing attack scheme and am trying to draft or trade for some fast receiving TE's and a running back similar to Darren Sproles or Jamaal Charles.

Things like this keep me interested because i can build my players legacy and feel emotionally attached for their failures and achievements. Brady and Manning already have their legacy and i want to make my own players legacy but also control an entire team.

Download a game face for your coach (I used Bradley Cooper) and make a scheme that you would like to implement either on offense or defense and try to get the right players you think will dominate in that scheme.

Off the top of my head for a defense scheme involving a ROLB rushing the passer the majority of the time. Create a beast that has like a 90 strength, 94 Speed, 93 Acc, 93 Agility, 98 Hit Power. But to make it balanced, make him very raw technique wise and develop him. Give him like a 70 Power and Finesse Move, 78 tackle, 60 Play recognition, 55 awareness and develop those skills over the years until he becomes a beast. Edit a young 21-23 Year old rookie that no one cares about but was drafted in the 2nd-4th rounds and just have fun.

Just use your imagination and try to take it as serious as you can for a video game and before you know it you would have had played 5 seasons.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:06 PM   #10
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

or you can draft the players and get the same thing....
Old 01-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #11
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Play in an (sim) Online CCM, game is a lot better when the other teams are controlled and ran by another human being.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2013, 08:29 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 8

Dont cheat the game. Im in season 6 with rams and just started a second and im playing both.

For the draft i dont stock up picks and dont save during the draft. The draft goes how it goes. Dont take a 5 rounder in the 2nd or 1st. Keep it closer. You can pick a early or middle 2nd rounder late in the 1st. And keep with that the hole draft. And dont use any draft guide.

Second find a good slider set and dont run any money plays or a 1000 audibles. 1 is good but no more. Just run the plays as the are. And dont switch player on defence.
Thats what i do and it works for me
Old 01-27-2013, 02:40 PM   #13
Rookie

R4ngerR4y's Arena

OVR: 1

Another thing I do is a career as a rookie prospect. Like Geno Smith as a Chief or Tyler Wilson.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »