Home

Two Things That Drive Me Crazy

This is a discussion on Two Things That Drive Me Crazy within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2013, 10:41 PM   #9
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Two Things That Drive Me Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4ngerR4y
What happened to fight for the fumbles? I thought that feature was awesome.
youre joking right?
Old 01-25-2013, 11:52 PM   #10
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
Aaron Rodgers ran 80 yards for a touchdown against you? Maybe if your defense didnt suck they may have recovered the fumble.
Quote:
yes I read it. can you learn to read too please?

I said because his team gave up the long touchdown they must suck which probably contributed to the fact of not being able to recover the fumble. It doesnt matter if all your defenders dive on the ground, someone should have still been able to catch rodgers from behind.

Its really beyond the point though.

Anyway,

I really dont find that recovering fumbles is that much of a problem and have never experienced something crazy like that happening.
Quote:
youre joking right?
Just a tip, you won't last long here posting crap like this. Be mature and don't tell people they suck and be rude/obnoxious.

Back on topic: I haven't had a problem with fumbles other than the fact that every fumble is a scoop up or one player falls on the ball. There are no pile ups like there would be in real life. With the penalty thing, penalty's have never been realistic in Madden. One of those things they just never seem to get right. If they keep bugging you maybe consider turning them off. Really nothing you can do about it unfortunately.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:21 AM   #11
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

I never said anyone sucks.. I said his defense sucks

sorry didnt mean to cause trouble
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2013, 01:47 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 21

Remember kids, no matter how much somebody thinks they are great at Madden....remember four little words.

Madden Isn't Like Football.

Poor pursuit angles are far and away the number one reason for fumble recovery touchdowns. The game dictates what defenders goes for recovery and who it provides you user control of. "Skill" and the players on the field don't matter near as much as any of us would like.

If you have never seen an instance where half a team fails at recovering a fumble and your left waddling down the field with zero chance of catching a guy, that's on you. You either haven't played the game enough, don't look at replays to see what's going on or have the difficulty set on "Toddler".
Old 01-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #13
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
I never said anyone sucks.. I said his defense sucks

sorry didnt mean to cause trouble
It's all good, I'm just trying to help you out. You're posts were just a little rude, just letting you know that being rude and obnoxious on a mature forum like this may end up in people either not liking you or a ban. Hope theres no hard feelings man, I'm not trying to be mean, just trying to help.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:11 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

I swear to god my opponent never gets called for holding no matter which team I pick. I dont know what the heck the CPU has against me but I literally get 2 a game when I play online and it is VERY rare that my opponent ever gets one called on them.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:46 AM   #15
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

Just had one of the more frustrating losses online because of fumble "logic." I go down 2 TDs on dumb pick 6s, but I manage to fight back and tie the game in the 4th. He goes for it on 4th down from about my 45, Leon Washington "catches" the pass over his head, but before he can even bring it down below his shoulder pads he gets crushed and drops the ball. The game inexplicably calls that a catch + fumble instead of an incomplete. It's inside 2:00, so I can't challenge.

One of my defenders dives for the ball, but it literally moves out of the way like it was sucked to his player by Jedi magic. Fumble recovery for the first down.

Oh, and my linebacker, despite outweighing Leon Washington by 45 lbs, gets hurt on the play while Washington walks away clean. It costs my last timeout, which I could have used to kick the potential game-tying field goal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2013, 09:15 AM   #16
Rookie

briz1744's Arena

OVR: 4

Penalties when they do occur ( far too rarely ) tend to occur when the players are fatigued ie 2 minute drills. So after 1st downs or at end of halves would be likely
Another thing madden fails to correct year after year

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »