Home

What commentary improvements do you hope to see in Madden 14?

This is a discussion on What commentary improvements do you hope to see in Madden 14? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2013, 09:21 PM   #25
Pro

Cory Levy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What commentary improvements do you hope to see in Madden 14?

I'd like to hear more commentary lines that work as points of immersion that bring you into the CCM even more. Game specific lines such as those that hype up rivalries (overall series records, last game results, "fake" storylines leading into the game), make the stage for big games (games that are between two of the best records in the conference, games that are between two division foes, specific lines for each individual playoff game) and similar other lines would be really, really nice.

I like where the team is headed with CCM. The groundwork is there and it's excellent. To me the next step is making these worlds that much more important and unique and vibrant and full of its own life. The goal should be to make every user extremely invested in every CCM they play. Take the things surrounding the real life counterpart that make fans so entwined in the sport. I want to feel like I NEED to kick my rival's *** up and down the field. I want to feel like the Super Bowl is the biggest game I might ever play in CCM - not just a special team entrance and markings on the field. They're almost there on the bookends around the games, they need to start implementing similar things within the walls of the games themselves.

Hell, have a little box pop up in the corner of every Super Bowl and have a short little interview with a legend about what playing in the Super Bowl means. Do like 5-10 of them and it'll make each Super Bowl that much more important and grand. Imagine starting the second half of the SB down by 10 and getting to hear Joe Montana talk about how the biggest players step it up in the biggest game. That would be awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2013, 03:39 PM   #26
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Levy
I'd like to hear more commentary lines that work as points of immersion that bring you into the CCM even more. Game specific lines such as those that hype up rivalries (overall series records, last game results, "fake" storylines leading into the game), make the stage for big games (games that are between two of the best records in the conference, games that are between two division foes, specific lines for each individual playoff game) and similar other lines would be really, really nice.

I like where the team is headed with CCM. The groundwork is there and it's excellent. To me the next step is making these worlds that much more important and unique and vibrant and full of its own life. The goal should be to make every user extremely invested in every CCM they play. Take the things surrounding the real life counterpart that make fans so entwined in the sport. I want to feel like I NEED to kick my rival's *** up and down the field. I want to feel like the Super Bowl is the biggest game I might ever play in CCM - not just a special team entrance and markings on the field. They're almost there on the bookends around the games, they need to start implementing similar things within the walls of the games themselves.

Hell, have a little box pop up in the corner of every Super Bowl and have a short little interview with a legend about what playing in the Super Bowl means. Do like 5-10 of them and it'll make each Super Bowl that much more important and grand. Imagine starting the second half of the SB down by 10 and getting to hear Joe Montana talk about how the biggest players step it up in the biggest game. That would be awesome.
Another thing I would like to see improved with the commentary, is with the player intros and starting lineups. I'd like to see this become dynamic where instead of Jim talking about how Rodgers was the 2011 MVP, he says "Here comes Aaron Rodgers, coming off of a masterful performance last week against the Bears." Also in the pre-game I would like to hear them talking about the specific team and how they did the previous game, how they are are succeeding/failing so far in the season, a major injury and how that may affect the team. These are the kind of things I think will take Madden to a whole new level in regards to immersive commentary.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:35 PM   #27
Rookie

reddogmaddogbul's Arena

OVR: 7

Next gen consoles are coming by the end of the year.Why waste time on things like commentary when clearly ea has not showed us thus far that they can deliver.Starting to smell a hype train on the horizon for madden 14.My opinion"Xbox 360/PS3" Football commentary=EPIC FAIL for those soon to be expired consoles.

Mega
Football is in the building.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:29 AM   #28
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fail
Getting rid of some of the mistakes in the commentary would be nice. It's fairly annoying when the commentators complain about how my returner didn't "follow the blocks" on an Onside Kick or Squib Kick.
LMAO I love those. Simms always blames the wideout for running a bad route after I spike the ball.

My favorite was from NCAA though, I got the opening kickoff and then threw a TD pass. On my next drive, I threw a pick 6. On the third, Herbstreit said something like "This QB is on fire today, 2 TD passes already!"
Old 01-31-2013, 08:48 AM   #29
Rookie

chzblck's Arena

OVR: 1

Well let's Look at the ole cliche book Jim, Uhhhh They just weren't on the same page... No, You know what that was a bad route that's what it was.

I hear this 3-4 times a game.

Also Am I the only one who get's phantom fumbles on punt returns? My returner catches it but they say I muffed it and They tackle me after a fair-catch?
Old 01-31-2013, 08:58 AM   #30
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddogmaddogbul
None at ALL; I personnally dont think the devs got what it takes to put out superb commentary this late in the current systems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddogmaddogbul
Next gen consoles are coming by the end of the year.Why waste time on things like commentary when clearly ea has not showed us thus far that they can deliver.Starting to smell a hype train on the horizon for madden 14.My opinion"Xbox 360/PS3" Football commentary=EPIC FAIL for those soon to be expired consoles.
Both of these are total copouts, IMO. Putting out great commentary has nothing to do with the technology of the current systems and everything to do with the audio direction over there at EA/Tiburon, which has been subpar for years now.

What makes you think that changing to a new generation of console will make things any better when they haven't shown the ability to do so this gen with more than ample technology. Look at FIFA, another EA game, and how good their commentary is compared to Madden. It's day and night and borderline embarrassing. Nantz/Simms were a good step, but things still need to be tweaked moving forward.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:28 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Case in point: I'm about to go in from the 5 yd line, but I throw a pick six. I hear commentary regarding the previous play until the player's past midfield, then I hear "And he's off. He's going to score". Touchdown, _______".
That's Joe Buck 101 right there. Don't hate.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »