Home

Max coverage is ruining online Play

This is a discussion on Max coverage is ruining online Play within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #9
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Max coverage is ruining online Play

IMO, unless you set up some kind of madden lab blitz, then sending extra guys is suicide. The AI will automatically pick up just about every stock blitz and if you bring more rushers than blockers, often they will just get stuck or trip.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:27 PM   #10
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
IMO, unless you set up some kind of madden lab blitz, then sending extra guys is suicide. The AI will automatically pick up just about every stock blitz and if you bring more rushers than blockers, often they will just get stuck or trip.
This.

I haven't played 13 [except the demo] and haven't played online in a while, but when I do play [online or against the computer] I normally only send 4, and exactly 4 at the QB. I choose coverage based on down, distance, and where they are on the field [all covered in my blog, which you can find in my signature.]

Max Coverage is pretty much the "answer" to the fact that true blitzing is a crap shoot in Madden. There are some stock blitzes that are better than others, but it is arguably better to just drop back into coverage.

In Madden 11 man coverage was really over powering with how they mirrored routes, so online I could take the Ravens who had CB with crazy high man coverage ans speed ratings and play Cover 0 6 and 7 man blitzes all day. That was pretty cheap as well. I know that when I went into a loby, almost EVERYONE picked the Ravens because of this.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
This.

I haven't played 13 [except the demo] and haven't played online in a while, but when I do play [online or against the computer] I normally only send 4, and exactly 4 at the QB. I choose coverage based on down, distance, and where they are on the field [all covered in my blog, which you can find in my signature.]

Max Coverage is pretty much the "answer" to the fact that true blitzing is a crap shoot in Madden. There are some stock blitzes that are better than others, but it is arguably better to just drop back into coverage.

In Madden 11 man coverage was really over powering with how they mirrored routes, so online I could take the Ravens who had CB with crazy high man coverage ans speed ratings and play Cover 0 6 and 7 man blitzes all day. That was pretty cheap as well. I know that when I went into a loby, almost EVERYONE picked the Ravens because of this.
Yep you are talking about sorry *** Fabian Washington with that 98 speed he had. I do agree that running cover 0 all game is not realistic, but people running all coverage and then your HB running up the middle and falling on the ground because the back of one of your linemen tackled him is more frustrating. I can remember that first review of Madden 13 that was published in the Official Xbox Magazine and people tried to defend Madden because it was a female who did the review and she gave it a mediocre score. She was right. The game is raw and the same exploits are still around. I figured they would be which is why I never got overly excited about this game.

Last edited by LBzrule; 01-31-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #12
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Yep you are talking about sorry *** Fabian Washington with that 98 speed he had.
Yeah, the Madden 11 Ravens secondary all had 95 speed or faster and 86 Man coverage or better. Very few WRs have 86 Route Running or better, which means the Corners would mirror the WRs on almost every play. If you played OTP with boots [thank goodness they were taken out of Madden 12] then the Ravens secondary all turned into Deion Sanders in his prime. The boosts would give like 4 pints of sped making everyone like 99 speed and something like +10 or more MCV, so they were all 95 or better in man. It was disgusting. No one ever got open and you had a blitz in your face. You can't run on that. Not with Nagata and Cody and a full blitz with Lewis and Suggs.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
The draw plays kill it. I actually think the draw plays are overpowered as they work too well against anything except for a blitz. That's probably because you can get your swerve on when you run the football rather than true cutting.
Man, I hate when my opponent forces me to be a one play cheeser, I hate cheese soo much I end up losing the game due to not sticking with the only thing that works. I find myself trying other things to mix into the equation but noooo I gotta let my pride take over and play football knowing I wont get nowhere!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »