Home

does anyone coach the games and not play?

This is a discussion on does anyone coach the games and not play? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2013, 02:08 PM   #9
Rookie

JagsFan58's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: does anyone coach the games and not play?

I always play the game, i would feel its boring not to unless im winning big or people are texting me like crazy and i feel like having coach mode on..
Old 01-31-2013, 03:07 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 1

me , im old and my stick skills suck. i play franchise offline solo
Old 01-31-2013, 08:51 PM   #11
Pro

benton32's Arena

OVR: 11

Thanks man... yea i wish there was a online franchise setup where u can only fo coach mode, see who coaches the best haha, I mean u can kinda do it but how will u know if someone is actually playing the plays or just coaching them, You can kinda tell at times the difference in what the cpu does and the human player does.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2013, 03:39 AM   #12
Pro

benton32's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicaddict
Just switch coach mode on in my madden, change the camera setting to broadcast and watch your QB getting sacked and throwing INT's completely on his own

I always preferred playing as the owner/GM of the team rather than playing myself. I suck at playing. I hope they bring back a true franchise mode back in M14. I don't even need the stadium upgrade and relocation thing they had back in M12. Just let me hire coaches and build the team.
haha duhh i should have known that lol ive done it b4 on other maddens lol. I just got madden 13 last night so i was looking around.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:24 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 2

I am a fan of "Coaching" the games in these Madden Football games. I have been playing Madden since the mid to late 1990s (I did not buy the game every year, but I have bought it for many of those years) and have always preferred to coach over play (I have my reasons). Some may criticize me for this, but as you can see I am not alone in preferring to coach.

I just picked up Madden 13 last night. I have been playing Madden 12 for the last two seasons and just finished my 2012/2013 at the same time the real world 2012/2013 season finished. Like many years past, the new Madden release gives me things I like but often also seems to take things away where I say WTF EA? I realize it is hard to satisfy everyone. But one thing I am disappointed with in Madden 13 is they took the franchise option away where all 32 teams can be controlled by the human. Now of course I am not playing for all 32 teams. But what I like to do is coach my team and play CPU vs CPU games for the rest so that at the end of the season I am comparing apples to apples. Of course I don't watch all 256 regular season games, but I can play 2-3 games per night as I am off doing something else in life and at the end of the week all 16 games get played. But this feature appears to be taken away from me in Madden 13. Now there are ways around this. I can always play exhibition games instead of play inside of a franchise. Not perfect and I still don't understand why EA took away the ability to assigned users to all 32 teams in franchise mode. But since it is late winter and I would like to get a Madden season done before the real 2013/2014 season starts with the pre-season games in August. I am going to do something a little different. I am going to simulate the 1977 season (last year of the 14 game schedules). This saves me playing 60 additional games as the 28 team 14 game regular season is 196 games versus the modern day 256 game regular season. Of course it is the 1977 season with 2012 rosters and the Ravens, Texans, Jaguars and Panthers will need to sit this one out. I was hoping the Madden 13 game would allow the Ravens to use the old Browns uniforms. But no such luck. So the modern day Browns are in as the 1977 Browns and the original Browns (the Ravens) are out.

Yep, I like "Coach" mode in Madden. It is what it is and whatever normal is, I assure you I am not it. LOL

Last edited by My993C2; 02-13-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

anyone have any videos of coaching?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »