Home

Josh Looman CCM progression talk on Twitter

This is a discussion on Josh Looman CCM progression talk on Twitter within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
Rookie

DUDERMAN's Arena

OVR: 0
Josh Looman CCM progression talk on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Josh_Looman

Josh Looman@Josh_Looman Doing some tuning of the progression system this weekend. What would you like to see tuned differently?

Josh Looman@Josh_Looman For #Madden25 of course!

Josh Looman@Josh_Looman Tag your comments with #Madden25Progression

Josh Looman@Josh_Looman
So my takeaways so far...

1. Increase XP from fantasy goals
2. Increase XP from season goals where it makes sense.
3. Lower stat thresholds for defensive positions and WRs. Too hard to reach for Safeties, OLBs, etc
4. Increase XP earned for backups in practice.
5. Work on having more breakout players, which would require more player regression for non breakouts.
6. Fix some rookies so that they don't just have low awareness...they have bad ratings all around.
7. Have older players progress less...even to the point where they don't go up at all.
8. Possibly introduce a slight penalty for player progression if a player is playing out of scheme.
9. Young players get more XP for meeting goals, even if they don't have amazing seasons.
10. Make sure that season goals make sense in relation to scheme. IE...passing teams don't get rushing goals.

Josh Looman@Josh_Looman
Does that list sound good?

Eagles | Phillies | Flyers | Sixers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2013, 06:35 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Josh Looman CCM progression talk on Twitter

Sounds good to me. Very helpful!
Old 02-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #3
Rookie

DUDERMAN's Arena

Here of some other key things discussed...

Quote:
@MR21215 @Josh_Looman will it be random schedules next year we are in season 3 of our CCM I've played the same teams also

@Josh_Looman
@MR21215 Yeah, we're going to look into fixing that.
Quote:
@ovfd55 haha. We're trying to take the best parts of HC09 and inspire the features in CCM as we develop them.

@ovfd55 @Josh_Looman I know saw alot of HC09 in CCM,anychance of more storyline players in each draft next year

@Josh_Looman
@ovfd55 The goal right now is to focus on making all of them interesting. We had too many cookie cutter players last year.
Quote:
@jw_kane_jr @Josh_Looman We gonna have the ability to change player positions this year (4-3 DE to 3-4 OLB, etc)?

@Josh_Looman
@jw_kane_jr We'll look into it. We didn't do it last year because it completely breaks the goals system and caused major bugs.
Quote:
@XtremeDunkz @Josh_Looman any plan on mixing up names, colleges, etc of draft classes? Being in a CC draft when there are draft guides out there ruin it!

@Josh_Looman
@XtremeDunkz That's hard with the current system. Maybe at some point in the future.
Quote:
@Gbear_46 @Josh_Looman would there(or is there) be a slight increase in progression for players playing in scheme then?

@Josh_Looman
@Gbear_46 Sure. I think I can do that. I'll look into it.

Eagles | Phillies | Flyers | Sixers
Old 02-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #4
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

This is why I don't get this system, it seems to be over complicated. The tweet about XP progression being the reason they didn't have position changes in M13, speaks to exactly what I am referring to. If this XP system is so fragile that it can't handle position changes, then it probably wasn't a good choice.

These are the type things that make people scratch their heads about the decisions made for Madden because different areas of the game aren't designed to work well together or mimic real life. This game really is just a collection a features tossed in together instead of different parts all designed to come together as one well oiled sim machine.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:01 PM   #5
Rookie

vicaddict's Arena

OVR: 1

Since OLB's don't even have season goals how can a switch to DE break anything? Just give them the same goal then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

Why isnt it more global like a tackle is this much xp and a interception this much and so on.
Why does on ol man earns xp from running yards and the other on throwing yards. Imo they made it way to complicated.
And get rid of the xp for practice or atleast make it that youre rookies and players who dont play alot still get xp from training.
Practice cost way to much time and is very annoying.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #7
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Sounds like the same old rhetoric.The issues mentioned were certainly addressed several months ago.It seems like they'll eventually look into these numerous problems to determine if these can be fixed.I can't see how anyone can be confident with this.Schedules,position changes and such shouldn't be issues.

Last edited by gr18; 02-02-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:17 PM   #8
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickDL
Why isnt it more global like a tackle is this much xp and a interception this much and so on.
Why does on ol man earns xp from running yards and the other on throwing yards. Imo they made it way to complicated.
And get rid of the xp for practice or atleast make it that youre rookies and players who dont play alot still get xp from training.
Practice cost way to much time and is very annoying.
The XP system just surfaces the complication. Not seeing it doesn't make it any simpler.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »