Home

defensive help please

This is a discussion on defensive help please within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2013, 02:24 PM   #17
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: defensive help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingrayvfl
5. Crash D line in

always works for me

crash the D line in or to the left or right

if you do that enough they'll quit running. and i crash while in a zone coverage because crashing in man D might get you burnt for a deep route off play action
Old 02-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 11

I had been in the habit since going back to.....the 90s, of playing Madden to always take control of a DT or DE or something and just try to rush. I rarely had in the past taken control of any other position. I would occasionally when I called a play like, a CB blitz or something, and take control of him and see if I can get to the QB.

This year in Madden, and I just picked this game up a few weeks ago......this obviously is not the way to play it because seriously, all I do is rage quit this game. My franchise is stuck in week 5, I am the Bears playing the Jaguars, and it is just the most frustrating thing in the world. Like clockwork Jones-Drew just runs where ever he wants. Several games, he takes the first run to the house. Often before the 1st quarter is over, he is over 100 yards, many times he is will over 200 by half time. I rarely make it past that point since I am just so frustrated. I like a challenge, but I am stacking up everyone in the box, I dont give to licks about their passing game, their WRs can run free for all I care, I just want to stop Jones-Drew, and this scumbag still just runs right through me. My players are falling over, or getting blocked by what I can only see is the greatest O-Line in the history of this league.

I tried taking control of a safety, or the middle linebacker, and I get nowhere. It is either I get blocked, he sheds the tackle, or I manage to hold him to just a measly 8-15 yard run.

I just do not get this game, the run game is the most crazy backwards thing I have ever seen. It has been clear to me that I am not an elite Madden player anymore. I used to be able to pick up the hardest sliders around and play them, but not anymore. So I am more than willing to blame myself, but it just doesnt seem to matter. SLiders, all-pro mode, whatever, I cant stop the run.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 1

although i play the 49ers as they are my team, ive always focused on lbers and fs. probably because of ronnie lott but i get my lbers to stop the run. then dline for pressure (with 1 lb) and dbs usually in man. then again this is offline coach mode

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »