Home

AWR Question

This is a discussion on AWR Question within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2013, 11:29 PM   #9
Rookie

BML412's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: AWR Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingrayvfl
Actually the higher the AWR for a RB that you are usering, the less likely he will fall down when running into the back of his linemen. AWR combined with BCV is very helpful in the running game.
from my experience with chris rainey who has very low awr and I drafted a HB with very low awr...around 20 something and as long as I hold r1 to hold onto the ball and run into my linemen im fine, my guy doesnt fall over. It doesnt work if you constantly keep running into him over and over on the same play but if you just bump into them doing it, you shouldnt fall down.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:34 AM   #10
The Future

Bmore Irish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingrayvfl
BCV actually enhances the O line. It's one way the programmers can separate great RBs and average ones. The higher the BCV, the wider the gaps will be to run through. This helps separate Adrian Peterson from Chris Rainey. Also with AWR, if you run into the back of the O Line with Rainey he will fall down, where as AP can slide off or stay upright. This is another way for the programmers to separate running back traits. If this was not the case, a power back would be useless in this game, however, the ones with high AWR and BCV do very well running the ball. Go run the ball with Rams. You'll see what I mean.
I've thought this before as well, and it seems to make the most sense
Old 02-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

AWR - impacts the player doing things you have zero control over, even if you're "usering" the player. Staying balanced when stumbling, putting out a hand (not a stiff arm), effectiveness of the "commands" you give the player (you can tell him to stiff arm, but you don't control how he does it, you tell the defender to ball hawk, but does he judge the ball correctly, etc), bracing/getting down against a hard hitter (you can cover the ball, but I notice HB don't always get down against big hits, even when using R1), possibly/likely modeled into how the defense reacts to your player, a way for the game to model more success (by making the opposition screw up more - I'm starting to think this is how BSH works as well)

BCV - "timeliness" of blocks. So many times I'm frustrated by a "perfectly timed block" to stop a LB from getting to the ball carrier. Usually, it's against a high quality HB, and they have high BCV as a rule. When I notice it happening for me, it's almost always a high 80's or better BCV HB. It seems to be how the game models picking out holes by keeping them "cleaner" so the HB can get through more often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #12
Rookie

penacho's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't agree with the BCV theories in this post. Way too many variables to say that's the cause. Give me fight for extra yards instead.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:20 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 1

AWR does not matter when you are controlling a player.. I know the league you play in however so in that league you need players with great AWR WR,OL,CB,DL,S,TE the problem sometimes with SIM leagues like the one you are in is that AWR is a heavy factor in who wins especially if the 2 players matching up are pretty even the team with the higher AWR in general will win b/c they will make more plays

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »