Home

Problems with Intercepting

This is a discussion on Problems with Intercepting within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2013, 10:25 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Problems with Intercepting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider510
Does anyone else have a problem with pressing the ball hawk (Y Button or Triangle button) and having it not work at all?

I know it's not the controllers, but sometimes I'll be going to try and intercept the ball and I press it and nothing happens. I've done the press and hold and also the quick press, but both times it doesn't seem to work. It's weird, because other times I haven't had a problem picking off a pass.

Any thoughts, similarities, etc?
Yes

And the reason is that put in a feature that is supposed to give you the best animation (and it actually will move your player for you)...

The reason that this is a horrible feature is

1) It takes user skills away from defense.........Remember the last gen DB Swat Drills? I do, I went back and played it all last week. I will give anybody $100 if they can play it on All Madden and score 1000pts on their first try.....The reason I would be willing to do that it because it wont happen lol...

These current gen maddens have been dwindling down people stick skills year by year and they finally found a way to destroy defensive user coverage skills without having the entire world erupt.

Remember playing a real game last gen? You actually felt like you did something when you got a swat....A freaking swat man. Think about the way things are now. How do you feel when you get an interception or a swat?

2) (my theory only) By them "picking" my animation it slows down the games processing.

Think about this......in years before I hit "Y/triangle" and the game gave me the animation available

NOW....I have to hit/hold "Y/triangle' and the game doesnt give me what is there...It goes and finds me the best animation possible. Moving my player if need be.

Ball hawk works great on deep throws...........Sucks rocks on anything under 7yds and its 50/50 if you will get an animation (at least it is for me)
A whole lot more is going on now than then.....Just my theory, idk how legit it is.

Last edited by WFColonel56; 02-14-2013 at 10:28 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »