Home

Missing Details in CCM

This is a discussion on Missing Details in CCM within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2013, 12:40 PM   #9
Pro

pacman5769's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Missing Details in CCM

One thing I think was mentioned was being able to access players cards in FA..seeing what attributes they have instead of just the very few you can see on the website. As far as the others I'm not sure havent seen anything. I do recall something about a transaction log being brought back.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:26 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergera
When changing a players number, go back to skipping numbers already in use.
yesssssss.. i know its not a big deal but that annoys the hell out of me.

and yeah not being able to see FAs ratings and info sucks but i think they said they redid the screen so you can see everything.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:40 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 1

I think one thing that they miss big on is commentating about the transactions. I would love to trade for a player, and they bring it up in the middle of the game, with a graphic on the screen explaining the trade.

Or if I acquire a great Free Agent I want them to make a comment, show his stats and awards, and talk about if he's been a bust (Nnamdi Asomugha) or continued his stardom (Peyton Manning).

Edit:
I'd also like them to bring back player roles and position battles.
You can't make a team up without its leaders and such. You try to stay away from me-me players, try to build a team with youth and veteran leaders. Also you can find that "franchise QB" which seems very easy to acquire in M13. Etc.

Also id like there to be news about position battles in pre-season. Could you imagine the announcers talking about Vick v Foles v Barkely or Geno Smith vs Sanchise. I think it would add so much into the game if this was even just a graphic they bring up in the middle of a game and say "here are the battles we're looking at today.

A simple graphic and one liner could add so much:
Transaction(trade,release,signing) graphic with information and they say "the Eagles acquired "____" and this is how (bring up trade info or contract info). In week 16 or 17 they could come back and say well they traded for this guy and he didnt pan out or they gave this guy the big bucks and he's showed why.

Draft graphic that shows the entire team's draft they say "back in April the eagles took a chance on these guys, lets see what they can do" and in future years when they refer to a player on that list they could say "the eagles did well taking ______ in the 2014 draft"

Position battles graphic with two or three key battles including stats, "these are the battles we're going to focus on"

Injuries graphic, with injured player and injury type "the eagles are without this/these player(s)"

Simple graphics, with a simple one liner, and that would add so much more to the depth of this game.

Id also like a better free agency period during the season. Everyone is only signed for one year, and it's first come first serve.

Last edited by FlyEaglesFly3; 05-31-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2013, 01:43 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

The ones that really get me are the incorrect schedule rotation and drafted player models not matching photos (white photo/black guy, fat photo/skinny guy).
Old 05-31-2013, 05:44 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I'll throw in some ideas.

-assistant coaches / coaching staffs / coaching career progression, both up the ladder from position coach to head coach (Mike Singletary), and also back down the ladder again (Mike Singletary)

-more NFL roster mechanics; ex. restricted free agency, waiver system if a player without the required amount of vested years in the NFL is released, exclusive vs non-exclusive franchise tag, practice squad, 46 active players on gameday, futures contracts if my team doesn't make the playoffs, PUP list

-in an online CCM, the ability to look into my friend's game in-progress; ideally live as a true spectator mode, but a good first step might be simply displaying the SuperSim interface, as if the game were displayed on NFL.com

-more detailed depth charts; let me assign slot receivers, nickel back, split ends, flankers, left and right cornerback, depth at both 3-4 ILB positions, and so on

-ability to use a custom gameplan within CCM

-more data tracking of users in an online CCM; I should be able to scout my opponent's playcalling / personnel deployment tendencies in addition to his roster and depth chart

-revisit the injury system, a la Head Coach 09

-another Head Coach 09 thing, a rare occurrence (Game Changer? I forget the name) where a player might sustain an offseason injury, or prime himself for a breakout year, or suddenly fall off (the latter two would work best if ratings were hidden entirely, otherwise it might be seen as an unfair amount of player progression)

-more dynamic draft boards, particularly in a multi-user CCM context; if ten teams are scouting a 7th-round gem safety heavily, his stock should rise above the 7th round, and Todd McShay / Matt Miller / etc. should tweet something about it in the in-game Twitter feed. Further, the CPU should actually spend scouting points so the same effect may be achieved in a single-player context.

-ability to see a player's skill set in the offseason free agency interface (I'm actually in favor of hiding the ratings in CCM altogether, but I ought to have more information in offseason free agency than name, position, scheme, and OVR)
I was talking about this with some people the other day and we all agreed it would heavily reduce the effectiveness of draft guides, and would actually give some form of realism / ACTUAL USE to the draft projections for each player.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:59 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 0
Hidden ratings would be awesome. Let their play on the field determine whether I want to keep a guy or not. That said what we should be able to see is real data, 40, shuttle, 3-cone, jump in inches, bench press, wonderlic score, "college stats" for guys in the draft so we can see if they are good tacklers or can catch the ball.

2020: 52-39
Old 05-31-2013, 09:56 PM   #15
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

One thing I would love to see is the ability to have your roster however you want it. By that I mean if I don't want to carry a FB or any TE's, I shouldn't be forced to do so.

In the 1990's {90-93} the Houston Oilers carried a TE only one year - 1993 - and he was only there so Buddy Ryan {DC} could use him for his defense to practice against.

We should not be forced to carry any position or any set amount of a position. Just boggles my mind that they still have these positions musts in the game!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2013, 10:19 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
One thing I would love to see is the ability to have your roster however you want it. By that I mean if I don't want to carry a FB or any TE's, I shouldn't be forced to do so.

In the 1990's {90-93} the Houston Oilers carried a TE only one year - 1993 - and he was only there so Buddy Ryan {DC} could use him for his defense to practice against.

We should not be forced to carry any position or any set amount of a position. Just boggles my mind that they still have these positions musts in the game!
The eagles have a bunch of tight ends and aren't expected to have a true FB on the roster.

I think if I want to have two more WRs instead of a FB and TE I should be able to. I think they do it because it makes the CPU have to follow those requirements and try to keep the rosters realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »