Home

25 Reasons why Madden has lasted 25 years

This is a discussion on 25 Reasons why Madden has lasted 25 years within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #17
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: 25 Reasons why Madden has lasted 25 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
This is what cracks me up...they never expand on what they introduce in the game. They scrap it and are always starting over. That's why the game never gets anywhere imo.
I fully expect them to expand upon madden 13 with madden 25 as well as address player movement.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:19 PM   #18
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I'm sure they'll address it, the problem is will it be good? lol. I mean they do address things, but it's always in some half assed way. I mean look at what they did with the passing game in Madden 13 as Taz stated. It went from psychic db's to psychic wr's. I loved the fact that they introduced sig qb throws, and they broke it this year when "fixed" the passing game. I mean I'll still be here to watch every year, as the hype is the best part, but my hope is at zero.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 02-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #19
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Instead of having a "25" list, they only need #1. All of the other stuff is pretty much horse-sh#t, since other games did most of them first and a lot better. I also will still blame Tiburon. Just because they are the only game, it did not mean they had to embarrass themselves and f#ck over the community by making the biggest colossal fail of a product ever to hit the sports game genre. When you have all access to the NFL, brag about your realism, lie to the consumers and you can't even get things like a wind meter or the schedule right, you know there are big problems. Anyone who works on this game and goes home thinking they created something is either smoking some really good stuff, or quite simply lives in a fantasy world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20

Another year - wash, rinse, repeat.

Nothing personal JP, but there is absolutely nothing that's been done to suggest Madden will ever be done right. The game is broken from top to bottom, and in their attempts at countering exploits, they have simply piled crap on top of crap to the point where all you have is... well... CRAP!.

It's not going to change, and this year will be no different. There will be the usual marginal improvements that would take other more talented teams a week to complete, but seem to take this team years. There will be big gaping holes in the franchise mode, more bugs, terrible player movement, some over the top gimmick involving line play (kind of like the telepathic passing) and a whole big mess of money spent on marketing to the thousands of kids out there who don't know any better.

PSN: SeahawkFan11OS

GT: SuperSeahawks

Twitch
Old 02-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #20
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

OVR: 11

I predict they will shove the 25th anniversary in our faces and try to build a nice facade of hype to mask the product they always give us. I want to think Madden 25 will be different, but it won't be.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #21
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

After reading the article, the writer has got to be kidding. Whenever I read things like expressed in "reason 23" I think I am in the Twilight Zone.

It's no surprise that a game released annually, simulating the same sport, on the same rectangular field isn't always going to feel fresh. But Madden has tweaked some things to near perfection, like passing.

Now aside from my usual amusement with sentiments like those expressed in the second sentence, it's the notion expressed in the first that has to be something started by an EA marketing guru. I don't get why it is constantly repeated in many reviews about Madden, that the game has somehow maxed out replicating NFL football, to the point where they must struggle to find something new to do every year.

Well I guess if enough people believe this, it's irrelevant whether it's actually true or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I fully expect them to expand upon madden 13 with madden 25 as well as address player movement.
I fully expected then to expand on Madden 12, greatly enhancing the potential progression system, rosters set up-including practice squad, greatly, enhancing coaching and scouting depth, etc, etc, etc. AND THEY JUST SCRAPPED IT. In fact, they developed M12 Franchise KNOWING THEY WERE GOING TO SCRAP IT because they were working on CCM AT THE SAME TIME.

They never expand on. They scrap and redo. I'm getting tired of it. I've have become a SHOW ME person when it comes to Madden. I'll believe it only when I see it.

I thought they were going to greatly expand on 12. Instead they just threw it away for some unrealistic, arcady progression system.

I just want them to show me. I wish I had your optimism.

Last edited by bucky60; 02-08-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #23
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

Number 1 was my favorite

But Congratulations on lasting 25 years Madden. Can't believe its been that many years.

Old 02-09-2013, 01:32 AM   #24
Rookie

thesubmittedone's Arena

OVR: 1

I used to have jp's optimism (to be honest, his optimism isn't even close to what it was just last year, so it's unfair to imply he's just a blind optimist or something because he's definitely disheartened and it's noticeable), but not anymore.

This version of Madden did it for me. It's too difficult to see any good coming out of Madden at this point. It's simply a bad game, period, that somehow manages to get decent to great ratings from the media and continues to be purchased by the millions via a starving for anything NFL-related consumer.

I'll always have hope they'll turn it around, but after seeing them finally implement "real time physics" only to have it be so poorly implemented -basically a tacked on half-assed system to what is already an awful system as it is - was the biggest proverbial slap in the face by the Madden developers I've ever endured. And I've endured many now.

It's so ridiculously frustrating to see hundreds of games this generation implement real time physics with third party software like it's nothing. These developers use this software and do little to no tweaking, yet have accomplished physics far beyond anything we've ever seen on Madden. Madden! A game based on a sport that has more to do with physics than any sport in the world.

We'll see... but I'm not optimistic. Madden is a failure of a football game but, more than that, it's a failure of the video game industry as a whole to allow such poor software to succeed both critically and commercially due to nothing more than licensing.

What a shame we've been robbed of an honest to God developed simulation of football for so many years now. What a shame.

Last edited by thesubmittedone; 02-09-2013 at 01:34 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »